Pants/tights for 34" inseam guy? (Read 88 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice! I kind of forgot about RRS.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

It's been 70F at 6:30am here in Chicago, so I jealously avoided considering this thread -- too F'n hot to think about tights.  But that was Tuesday.  And here on Friday it was 35F this morning.  Still too warm for tights in my opinion, but okay to think about them.

I've a 35" inseam (6'3").  34" waist.  I've never found tights that didn't pull down on long runs.  Every half-mile I have to yank them back up to the point that I donated every pair to shorter runners.

Instead I use three things:

1. Windbreaker style pants - not so much warm as just keep the wind off your legs.  25F - 10F
      2. Dry-Fit (Nike) loose fitting "tights".  These are kinda an in-between true leg-hugger tights and pants.  These are fairly warm.  15F to 0F
      3. New Balance thick "tights".  These are also not true leg-huggers.  But tighter than #2.  They're specifically a heavy material for winter. 10F to -10F 

Unfortunately, none of these have any sort of series name on them, so I can't be more specific.  And none of them look particularly "sleek".

I use a combination of the above when it really gets nippy or the wind is brutal by the lake.  I run in shorts down to 30F.

The general problem with "large" tights is that the waste is too large and really they're often too short; the "knee" of the tight isn't quite in the right place and the thigh tapers too quickly, so even if you stretch them up, they'll sag down if you have healthy strong thighs.

Good luck!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Update: I grabbed a pair of the Aerotech Designs ones that ch17 recommended...and they are awesome! They are actually slightly long, so I think anyone with a 34-37" inseam would find them valuable. They're a fairly lightweight tight, but perfect for this time of year in the Upper Midwest. I think they may have had fleecy ones, too, but I expect once it's cold enough to need those that he's going to opt for the treadmill to avoid dealing with snowbanks and cars in the dark, post time change.

~ Sarah Kay

RunsOnDirt

Sporthill sells many styles and weights of running pants and tights in long lengths. Other companies like Nike and Mizuno used to sell longs but stopped. I’m 6’4” and have spent a lot of time looking - lol

PRs in my 5th decade: 5K - 19:56 10K - 43:45 10 M - 1:14:12 Half Mary - 1:39:27 Full Mary - 3:34:12 (BQ)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sporthill sells many styles and weights of running pants and tights in long lengths. Other companies like Nike and Mizuno used to sell longs but stopped. I’m 6’4” and have spent a lot of time looking - lol

I'm going to bookmark Sporthill for the future, too.

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sporthill worked well for my tall son.