I DID IT!!! I ran my first 5k (Read 610 times)

I had a blast, and I got bib #1! The weather was perfect...55 and just a slight breeze. My goal was to finish without walking. I told my family to expect me in around 31-32 minutes. I came in at 30:10. I am very pleased, and now I have a number to beat next time. Oh, and I didn't walk one step!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

NICE! How did you manage to get bib #1...were you the first to register? That is very cool! Smile So can we assume that you are hooked? Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

NICE! How did you manage to get bib #1...were you the first to register? That is very cool! Smile So can we assume that you are hooked? Evil grin
        Thanks! I guess I was first to register online--I did it a couple of months ago. I was way excited to get #1. Definitely hooked.
        Ringmaster

Wow! Congrats! Way to go--not walking one step and beating your goal time--WAY TO GO, MOM!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

I had a blast, and I got bib #1!
            How cool to be #1 for your first race. Get thee to a Target (or whatever your local equivalent is) and get a frame for it. On those days when you'd rather stay on the couch it'll get you to lace 'em up. Way to go waytogomom! What's your next race?

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

CONGRATULATIONS! That's a most awesome time for your first 5k! Well done! Next stop... sub-30. Wink Congratulations again! Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

SMART Approach

Good job! The great thing about races, is that you rise to the occasion. Some runners go in with a lack of confidence not sure what they can run or don't give themselves enough credit. Then race time, you just go. You have a powerful ability to perform and perform well exceeding expectations in races. The mind and adrenaline are a big part of this. As long as your race smart and pace properly and run a negative split, the racing experience is definitely uncomfortable but also fun and rewarding vs. agonizing if you don't properly pace or start too fast. New racer sneed to start conservative and finish strong! Awesome first race!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Great work! No stopping you now! WTG WTGM!
                    Congratulations! How cool to be, #1. I also think you should frame it. Way to go WTGM
                    huskydon

Congratulations! How cool is it to be #1?? Great job!! huskydon
                        I add my Congratulations to you! Smile It's only the beginning of GREAT Things for you. Enjoy every minute of your accomplishment! Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

CONGRATS!!!! Doesn't it feel great and make you want to find all the races in your area??? Yeah, you're hooked Smile

A Saucy Wench

wHOOOOOOOt!!!!! Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good job. There is no turning back (to the couch) now. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

#1. Thats awesome. Congrats and hope you keep coming back for more.