Head games (Read 818 times)

Never mind. Roll eyes

Michelle

Wingz

Professional Noob

Never mind. Roll eyes
      Now you're messing with my head... Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

*sniff sniff* Sad Well, nobody responded to what I had here, my post must not have been worthy, so I changed it - aka DELETED it. After seeing 30 some views and 0 responses I was starting to think my post was just too stupid for anyone to even respond to. My ego is far too delicate for that, apparently--- Tongue Oh well, live and learn. Roll eyes

Michelle

Maybe they didn't respond because they didn't have anything to add. Some posts are best if just left alone. I read it. I liked it. It made me think. I concluded while running in the pouring rain this morning that running is my reward.

Runners run

But JUST SO YOU KNOW...I ran 8 miles last night so tonight I WILL be having some drinks at the bar with my friend, and I think I'll reward myself with some wings too! *modified to add: But only a few wings and only a few drinks -- 8 miles isn't all that grand. My little head game worked during last night's run. I really want to enjoy my earned drinks. Big grin

Michelle

Maybe they didn't respond because they didn't have anything to add. Some posts are best if just left alone. I read it. I liked it. It made me think. I concluded while running in the pouring rain this morning that running is my reward.
              I thought of that while I was running last night. I was waiting to see how many people would have responded with that exact comment. I run because I like to run, but there are days when I need a little extra push.

Michelle

I still think that running helps us to justify some of the extras in life...like that piece of cake, or that cup of coffee, or that one more drink. Perhaps those are just too obvious to state.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I still think that running helps us to justify some of the extras in life...like that piece of cake, or that cup of coffee, or that one more drink.
                  Which is why I've not really lost any weight in a year of running...well, I gained a little, and re-lost it...but am having a hard time getting those last 10 or so #s to budge. Running makes me hungry and it DOES make me justify treating myself. Bad combo! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I actually thought your post was an interesting one and thought about it on the way home from work. Imagine my dismay to find it redacted this morning. Oh well, now you'll never know...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I never had a chance to see the original post, but all this talk makes it sound interesting.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

I'm probably as guilty as most. I log onto RA at least a couple times a day to read all the great posts, but seldom reply. I get a lot of motivation through reading about others successes AND failures while training/racing.
                          I do this too....i try to comment only when i feel i can add something new and worthwhile, but i enjoy reading all the posts.
                          Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado