RWOL Refugees -- (Read 3876 times)

Hello! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You also might consider that folks may not have their logs imported over yet, and thus may have nothing to show.  Or possibly they're like me, and they don't actually run.  Stupid knee.

Or in my case, my log is in Excel, not online, so I'm not sure I could import it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

A Saucy Wench

Or in my case, my log is in Excel, not online, so I'm not sure I could import it.

with a  little rearranging you could.  When I moved over here I imported a bunch of stuff from excel.  I dont know if eric is swamped right now with the influx, but if you really wanted it you can.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Strict WTF adherent

Here as well.

My log is written on scraps of paper in my basement (five years worth) ... how do I import that?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Here as well.

My log is written on scraps of paper in my basement (five years worth) ... how do I import that?

Eric can write a script to import it.

delicate flower

I tried to import one of my Garmin workouts this morning and it doesn't appear to have loaded.  I THINK I BROKE MY INTERNET!  Also, is there a button I can click that will import all my 2012 data from Garmin Connect into my RA log? 

<3

---- Can someone hint me where is the link to turn off Email notifications every time I post? 

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xor

I have a special scanning apparatus that has importers built into the firmware.  I can mail it to you.

Thanks for the welcome DoppleBock. And, just for the record (not that it much matters), I don't much care if RW gets their shit together. I'm staying.

+1 to that.  100% faith lost in RW and their plucked up forums.   Goodbye RW, Hello Running Ahead :-)

What sealed the deal easily for me was the running log setup.  It is rare that I find something set up almost exactly how I like it, but that running log is superb in my opinion.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xor

I tried to import one of my Garmin workouts this morning and it doesn't appear to have loaded.  I THINK I BROKE MY INTERNET!  Also, is there a button I can click that will import all my 2012 data from Garmin Connect into my RA log? 

eric probably won't see stuff buried in this thread and I don't blame him. 

I would recommend posting this as a standalone down in the tech support area (or better yet, scan it first for similar issues)... eric or one of the other garmin-smart community members will see it and help.

Here as well.

For real question, why would you write on a scrap of paper when summarizing or searching for a specific run/race is so much easier with an online log, esp the one here?  If you don't want to import all that daily run details, just import the yearly miles as one giant run.  Your graphs will look funny for a while but you'll have the data.

Strict WTF adherent

I do it that way for two reasons:

I'm lazy.

I'm forgetful, and can never remember to log my workouts at all unless I do it as soon as I walk in the door.

And I was kidding about the importing thing.

I actually tried to keep an electronic log at the beginning of this year. It lasted less than a week.

Per your profile you are an "ex-forum moderator of trash". Would that trash be golf related? 

Is there any other kind?

MTA: oh, and when I searched "colonel jessup grave danger", the first image hit was THIS ONE.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Gator eye

For real question, why would you write on a scrap of paper when summarizing or searching for a specific run/race is so much easier with an online log, esp the one here?  If you don't want to import all that daily run details, just import the yearly miles as one giant run.  Your graphs will look funny for a while but you'll have the data.

My log is 3 years worth of calendars with the miles written on each date. Blush

After looking around at the online log I believe I'm about to move into the 21st century.Big grin

Is there any other kind?

MTA: oh, and when I searched "colonel jessup grave danger", the first image hit was THIS ONE.