RWOL Refugees -- (Read 3876 times)

crunch19

sick of spam, here I am! Big grin

Hmm, I am assuming you don't know how to turn off those notifications.  I can't turn off the things and I used a legit address, so I guess I am double dumb.  Wink  

Only reason I used work email is because I wanted to be able to verify that I am a real acc't when it asked so I could post.  Figured I would get a one time email, not a ton.   Had no idea I was going to get a bunch'a emails that I have yet to find out how to rurn off.    (Granted the answer is probably right in front of me and I have overlooked it).

Settings; My Forum Preferences; Topic Subscription -- uncheck the auto-subscribe box.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Loves the outdoors

Welcome all!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Okay I'm here...but what do I press and how do I do it?

I've actually used the site for a while to track miles on shoes and the like, but somewhat sporadically.  Anyways, I'll do my best to get on board as I'm missing my regular forum posting.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I am way late to the party, but welcome to all. You will find RunningAhead to be a great place with great people. And Eric is fabulous! We are lucky to have such a good person keeping this site up and running and working so well.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Thanks for the indicator of what box to uncheck to shut off the emails, all good now :-)

Now I have absolutely nothing to be upset about.  Well, except the fact that Hostess went out of Business, but that is not all you runners' faults. --- Or is it???  Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

PressingOn

Okay, making the switch.  I hate learning a new forum but I'll figure it out.  It's better than loads and loads of spam.  Good to see everybody here.

Welcome all!

Thanks NZRUN you live in a great country ! Im in Papamoa. I love this training log. Im slowly loading my data off my own log.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

not lazy, just tired

I am way late to the party, but welcome to all. You will find RunningAhead to be a great place with great people. And Eric is fabulous! We are lucky to have such a good person keeping this site up and running and working so well.

Found this out very quickly. An admin that cares... what a strange and foreign concept! Thanks for the welcome. Cool

Not if it makes sense.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Eric is no admin.

Eric is the creator.

The admins work to him.

not lazy, just tired

Eric is no admin.

Eric is the creator.

The admins work to him.

oops. Sorry. Foot in mouth, as usual. Anyway, he's terrific.

Not if it makes sense.

Samurai in Training

I've been a member of RA for a long time.  First workout is Jan 1st of 2010.  That being said, I only used the log for a little over a year and then started tracking my mileage and workouts on the computer.

I never really used the forums on RA, but that is because I took part in the RWOL forums.  I haven't been using RWOL for some time for the following  reasons.  

1. I got lazy as my life went through some changes.  
                          2. Pluck sucked huge.  
                          3. Runners World never showed any real interest in fixing the issues or working with its community.  
                          4. Most of my close friends from that site I had on FB.

I would like to throw out one comment for all the RWOL folks as someone that has been/is an admin on other sites.  Don't try to simply turn RA into RWOL.  Bring the good stuff, offer ideas but remember that this community is already pretty well established.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Heya Guys. Made it over here.

picture

thats why.

outside of the sticky and that one thread, the next non-spam thread was page six. I didn't bother looking deeper

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the RWOL Boardroom during a meeting / discussion about the forums over there.

---  Are they panicking because all their people are leaving, their 'daily clicks' totals are falling through the floor, and their advertising revenue will dry up because no one wants to advertise on a forum with no people on it?

---  Are they wishing that they had not used Pluck as their forum foundation from the start?

---  Are they indifferent and consider the forums a very small piece of their advertising revenue pie and willing to let it go? 

---  Are they completely inept? 

Those are some of the things I wonder about.  As it is, I am staying put here.  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

You don't know me, 'cause I'm shy.  But I was there.  Now I'm here.