Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

thanks Eric!! I guess I couldn't have picked a better time to buy a Garmin (yesterday) Big grin
    vicentefrijole

Excellent. Thanks so much for your amazing service to the running community, Eric.

Marquess of Utopia

Wow! I love the HR/Pace/Elevation graphs. Now I really feel obligated to make a donation. Thanks Eric!
        han_lilac

The control? What does that mean? Going to Garmin and loading something?
          Hey, Yer ditto what does that mean? Can't wait to get my data uploaded!! Big grin
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For you folks having trouble, Eric has provided a nice step-by-step guide: http://www.runningahead.com/help/InstallGarmin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's just like Christmas morning and my birthday rolled into one! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It's just like Christmas morning and my birthday rolled into one! Big grin
                And almost as good as steak and BJ day!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And almost as good as steak and BJ day!
                  Well, the steak part, for certain.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

han_lilac

Thanks guys...but still not working...grrr. Keeps saying 'Multiple devices detected' and 'Don't know what to do'! Is anyone else having any difficulties? Big grin
                      I am also having a problem. I followed the link to the Garmin page. I downloaded and installed the communication feature. The Garmin site says my device is communicating. However, on the RA Import page it says...Detecting device, and Device not connected. I have tried waiting to see if it just needed time to connect, but even after 15 minutes, still same message. Suggestions?? OK...figured out what was wrong. (side note: my page layout was also weird, different colors, different layout) I went to clear history in Safari. THought that was enough. But I needed to clear the "cache" as well. I think that is what is meant by "force reload" that is mentioned in other posts. Anyway, once I cleared the cache and opened RA again my Garmin was located and upload took only seconds! Hope that helps.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks guys...but still not working...grrr. Keeps saying 'Multiple devices detected' and 'Don't know what to do'! Is anyone else having any difficulties? Big grin
                        What computer operating system, browser and peripherals do you have in place?
                        I am also having a problem. I followed the link to the Garmin page. I downloaded and installed the communication feature. The Garmin site says my device is communicating. However, on the RA Import page it says...Detecting device, and Device not connected. I have tried waiting to see if it just needed time to connect, but even after 15 minutes, still same message. Suggestions??
                        What computer operating system and browser do you have in place?
                          Is the GPS turned on?
                          2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
                          han_lilac

hey! Gosh i'm rubbish at these things. Ok have got so far and data is uploaded but how do you save? "You need to save them before they are visible in your log." MANY MANY THANKS!!! Big grin
                              Yeah this part is confusing. You have to hit the little pencil icon, edit anything you want to, and save
                              2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

who knows...

Nicely done EricSmile! Thanks. Google Maps integration allows me now to finally stop using Motionbased (when it works) to check on GPS correction. Everything seems straightforward and clear to me!
                                "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin