Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

still alive

FYI - it doesn't work with Safari 4 beta. It's not your site - it doesn't work with MB either. I think the communicator plugin is not compatible with the new Safari. Hope Garmin fixes it soon but I expect it will take another year or more based on their track record of mac support. Works great with firefox, though. Thank you SO MUCH! This rocks.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

eric :)

I have the Nike+ that I don't use anymore. You can have it, if that's what you need. Can't wait to download my garmin data.
      I was told by another user that I do not need the physical device. Supposedly, it's a proprietary API and the only way for outside developers to access it is via the Nike site. I'll look into that. If it's true, then I would just borrow your account for test, if that's ok. Thank you very much for offering!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

FYI - it doesn't work with Safari 4 beta. It's not your site - it doesn't work with MB either. I think the communicator plugin is not compatible with the new Safari. Hope Garmin fixes it soon but I expect it will take another year or more based on their track record of mac support.
        Good to know. I still have Safari 3. Perhaps will have to start uploading workouts via FF if I make the switch soon.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good to know. I still have Safari 3. Perhaps will have to start uploading workouts via FF if I make the switch soon.
          I just ran into this problem moments ago (with Safari 4). I used FF with no issues. As a side note, Safari 4 is fast. Usain Bolt fast. Huge speed improvement.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As a side note, Safari 4 is fast. Usain Bolt fast. Huge speed improvement.
            Awesome! Ever since the last update of 3 it's been very erratic. Crapping out and freezing up a lot. Or maybe I need a new computer (shut up about the iMac, man...next one will probably be another Mini, as I am loving my 22" LG monitor--better specs and way cheaper than the comparable Mac monitor).

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

(shut up about the iMac, man...next one will probably be another Mini, as I am loving my 22" LG monitor--better specs and way cheaper than the comparable Mac monitor).
              Current Mini's are definitely not underpowered, and with that kinda of monitor, Mini+LG = sweetness. BTW Eric, now that I've finally gotten to use the GPS upload feature, two quick things: 1) I have a man-crush on you. A real bromance. The GPS upload is awesome. 2) At work, I use Windows 2000. (Lame). Through FF, it sees my device, but nothing uploads. Just FYI -- I don't expect you to support this OS any more than I'd expect you to support Texas Instruments 99-4a.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Current Mini's are definitely not underpowered, and with that kinda of monitor, Mini+LG = sweetness. .
                No but they're severely out of price and out of date spec wise with other, much cheaper PCs. The Mini is pretty much guaranteed to get an update in the next few months. You'll find yourself much happier if you wait for the new model.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No but they're severely out of price and out of date spec wise with other, much cheaper PCs. The Mini is pretty much guaranteed to get an update in the next few months. You'll find yourself much happier if you wait for the new model.
                  Oh, we're not likely to pull the trigger on a new one anytime soon. Too much nervousness surrounding hubby's employment. Maybe we'll wait for 10.6...I'm guessing that will be out within a year or so.

~ Sarah Kay

biggster

Big grin Integrating the GPS feature is fabulous Eric! Now I don't have to go to any other websites anymore to get the maps of my workouts. RunningAHEAD is now the one-stop for tracking my training. It has been a wonderful website and is even better now! I'm amazed at your programming skills and how much time and effort you put into this. Well done!
                      Wink Thanks Eric, this is cool...... Anders P,

Denmark

KvnJns

I am speachless. Too Cool. I uploaded here much faster than I could upload on MB. Thanks Eric.

Kevin

Flat footer

Well this makes thing a whole lot easier. Thanks a lot Eric, good work as always! *hits donation button*
                          Woopi

Thank you Eric! Ok for Win and Mac, but Garmin not support Linux! Oh!
                            cmcompton

This is a really cool addition!!! And the maps are better than the ones in the Garmin training center. Thank you so much! Big grin I have both a Forerunner 305 and an Edge 305 (Garmin for my bike). My Forerunner uploaded right away - click, click and there was my data - too cool!, (This is not a complaint - I'm amazed that I can connect to the Forerunner), but the Edge seems to get stuck. It shows that it is uploading, then it comes to the screen that says to go look at something else and while you wait for the data, the bar will come up saying click here to see the data, but when I do that, the data doesn't appear. Any ideas?

still alive

cm, I think Eric's gps upload will only work with the forerunners for now. I'm sure he's hard at work getting other equipment to work. Just be patient.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.