Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

I just installed the plugin on Fire Fox 3.0.6, Windows Vista. Forerunner 305 Worked like a charm..... I got a semi as I entered my first GPS downloaded run Surprised Hasta la vista, MotionBased Time to Donate again.

Double IPA Please!

Any more information - error messages etc? Did the Garmin website report the device connected OK? Did you do both the USB then the plugin drivers?
      it just shows that it is not connected Confused If I go and hit the import button it doesnt really do anything.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Misinformation Officer

Eric--You rock! If y'all haven't donated $$$, now's the time! Big grin
          I have tried multiple times but keep getting the message "multiple devices are attached" I have tried to download the Garmin plug in and the test page shows "Greg" which I assume is my Garmin 305 and a "zip drive" on my F drive. I have discosnnected the zip drive but it still shows it. Any suggestions would be great. I do have the Garmin Training Center loaded on my PC
            RUN
            In honor of Eric, I will finish every year with a 12 hour run.
            HermosaBoy

SILLY question -- are there any issues with multiple devices on the same computer? We have 3 different garmins in my house...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Double IPA Please!

I give up. Black eye I followed the instructions and I still cant get it to download. I installed all the necessary drivers etc..Tomorrow is another day.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Denise, what computer, operating system and browser are you using?

Double IPA Please!

Denise, what computer, operating system and browser are you using?
                    Windows XP and IE, should maybe I try Mozilla? I guess I should, since sometimes I get bad behavior from IE when I try to access other things as well sometimes. I should have tried that first before I started whining.. Okay, Ill try that later and then come back and whine some more if I still can't fix it.

Outside Lane

Very cool - okay where I can find a Garmin for the lowest price?

See how they run...

IrishRunnerGriff

Very cool - okay where I can find a Garmin for the lowest price?
                        Might want to check out Amazon. I got a 305 on there last week for $165...and they had the 205 for $145...

Nanorunner

I have tried multiple times but keep getting the message "multiple devices are attached" I have tried to download the Garmin plug in and the test page shows "Greg" which I assume is my Garmin 305 and a "zip drive" on my F drive. I have discosnnected the zip drive but it still shows it. Any suggestions would be great. I do have the Garmin Training Center loaded on my PC
                          I was getting this message too. I tried unplugging my MP3 player and then the import worked great. By the way, fantastic addition Eric! I absolutely love it!!! Very impressive work!
                          eric :)

Garmin Communicator was reporting all devices connecting to your computer instead of just GPS devices. I don't know why they do that. To make matters worse, it doesn't say which one is the GPS other than the USB device name. So I have to check the name instead. They sure know how to program... Anyway, it should now ignore all other connected devices. If it still complains about it, try forcing another page refresh first before reporting it as a bug.
                            eric :)

SILLY question -- are there any issues with multiple devices on the same computer? We have 3 different garmins in my house...
                              It's not a silly question. The import page will not talk to multiple GPSs at the same time. So long as you connect one at a time, everything will function correctly. The server can differentiate amongst all your GPSs so there should not be any problems in terms of last upload time. Just beware that the preferences (those checkboxes on the import page) are specific to the GPS. When you plug another one, just remember that the preferences may change.
                              PWL

Has been

I'm getting a server error when I click on the GPS import button, Eric--404 file not found. I've got Vista and I've tried it with both Firefox and IE.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."