Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

eric :)

Not at all. The 405 doesn't have a USB cord for it--just the little ANT stick so it can connect wirelessly. And that is sitting across the room. So I can't figure out what is going on.
    How does it talk to the computer?
    vicentefrijole

Just got it to work splendidly using Firefox 3.06, Garmin 305, and Mac OS10.4.11. (Note: I had to update my Garmin firmware first). Thanks Eric! Big grin
      PWL

Has been

You have to plug in the little wireless stick and then it "automatically" (supposedly) uploads to the computer using that stick. I think it's Bluetooth, but I'm not sure. Not only is the stick not plugged in, but I actually uninstalled the software that goes with the stick in the hopes that that might work.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

You have to plug in the little wireless stick and then it "automatically" (supposedly) uploads to the computer using that stick. I think it's Bluetooth, but I'm not sure. Not only is the stick not plugged in, but I actually uninstalled the software that goes with the stick in the hopes that that might work.
          Maybe it's magical! I don't understand how it can detect a device that's not connected. That's just crazy!
          PWL

Has been

Maybe it's magical! I don't understand how it can detect a device that's not connected. That's just crazy!
            My thoughts exactly. Maybe I'll drive my wife's 405 down the street and see if it will stop detecting it at that point.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

sounds like the software left artifacts in the registry Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

My thoughts exactly. Maybe I'll drive my wife's 405 down the street and see if it will stop detecting it at that point.
                Maybe Garmin has managed to copule the photon so it doesn't matter how far away you put that thing Tongue
                PWL

Has been

Maybe Garmin has managed to copule the photon so it doesn't matter how far away you put that thing Tongue
                  And people said quantum theory had no useful applications...

PWL

Has been

sounds like the software left artifacts in the registry Confused
                    That's what I'm thinking.

Eric, great update! I hate to bug you, but I wanted to inquire about getting "No Data" in the graphs in the GPS Import section (reports are working fine) . I am using a Forerunner 50 with a heart rate monitor and footpod. I have tried both chrome and IE7. The summary data is coming in fine. Is this a compatibility issue?

Eric, great update! I hate to bug you, but I wanted to inquire about getting "No Data" in the graphs. I am using a Forerunner 50 with a heart rate monitor and footpod. Is this a compatibility issue?
                        Do you have Training Center installed? If so, could you send me the history file produced by Training Center? I think the data is different for an FR 50
                          What is the best way for me to send you this data. I have exported the .tcx file.

What is the best way for me to send you this data. I have exported the .tcx file.
                            send me a feedback
                              If you're gonna run tomorrow Eric, you better get your beauty sleep.

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

PWL

Has been

I figured it out Eric. There was some data off my wife's 405 that had been sitting in the "pending uploads" folder for Garmin Connect for months. So RA was not actually connecting to my wife's Garmin, but since the workouts had been imported but never sent anywhere, your GPS import feature must have seen them as coming from a connected device. Or something. Either way (and more importantly) it works! Thanks for your help. Big grin