Sub 1:30 Half Marathon in 2019 (Read 641 times)

Marco you can see what a challenge a moosemug is. Its even tough for Mark and Jmac 

You need to be comfortable in shoes for a marathon so looks like you have found them. Mikkey will be a wealth of knowledge.

I ticked over another year on the planet today and marked it with my 1st vo2 workout for about a year. I did 5 x 1000s with 400m jog recovery. I didnt check  my splits but looks to be around 3.35/km average apart from the 4th where I missed the start of the rep.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Happy birthday and that is 1 minute per rep faster and at least 5 reps more than what I can do and I am not soo incredibly old yet 😁

Hope you get some birthday cake!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Happy birthday piwi and welcome back ! Great session !!!

PRs since re-started in 2013:

5km: 19:43 (Belfast park run Sep-16) | 10km: 40:16 (Belfast Lagan side 10K Sep-18) 

HM: 1:30:09 (Belfast city Half Marathon, September-18) | FM: 3:25:05 (official chip time Belfast city Marathon, May-19, marathon was 0.3/4 longer, original time 3:27:20 for 26.5/6...)

Upcoming races:  

???

Thanks guys it was an encouraging workout as I was expecting about 3.45 per rep.

My daughter drew me a cool card

JMac11

RIP Milkman

If this doesn't make you keep up with running, I don't know what would.

Thanks guys it was an encouraging workout as I was expecting about 3.45 per rep.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Marky_Mark_17

Marco - I think the Freedom ISO's are a good choice.  They're pretty light for a well-cushioned shoe and the upper is very comfortable and breathable.  I've always found them to have good bounce and energy return too which will pay dividends in a marathon.  I run my long runs in them and they never feel heavy even towards the end.

Piwi - happy birthday and a nice birthday workout.  It was my sister in law's birthday yesterday so I ran 28km this morning in case there is left over cake.  Also are those VF 4%'s you're wearing in the picture?

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

The shorter shorts make your legs look.....fatter?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

I have his email address (from years ago) and will contact him this week and find out. I believe Darkwave ran her MM time last year and actually has one!  

Rbbmoose will likely remember you as KingDong or the Donnger!  

Also, I can hardly think of anyone who got it done in their 50's...  all the more reason to be proud.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Also, I can hardly think of anyone who got it done in their 50's...  all the more reason to be proud.

And squirrell2 😂

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Seems like one of those things that's prime for people in their mid 40s to get for so many reasons:

- Top pros setting WRs in their 20s and early 30s have quit, so those setting the records at those ages aren't as genetically gifted

- Even if you accept the Age Grading as perfect, it's at its lowest point around 40

- Most casual marathoners get into running marathons in their late 20s / early 30s after life has slowed down a bit. They need a good 5+ years of training to even put up respectable times, let alone their top performance

I think the last part makes Mikkey's performance that much more impressive. It was almost his 40th marathon! I wonder how many people have hit a PR after marathon 20, let alone near 40.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Seems like one of those things that's prime for people in their mid 40s to get for so many reasons:

- Top pros setting WRs in their 20s and early 30s have quit, so those setting the records at those ages aren't as genetically gifted

- Even if you accept the Age Grading as perfect, it's at its lowest point around 40

- Most casual marathoners get into running marathons in their late 20s / early 30s after life has slowed down a bit. They need a good 5+ years of training to even put up respectable times, let alone their top performance

I think the last part makes Mikkey's performance that much more impressive. It was almost his 40th marathon! I wonder how many people have hit a PR after marathon 20, let alone near 40.

I started running at 41yo and have fresh legs...that might be why I got my Moose Mug at 53?

Mark 28kms deserves cake. The shoes are Nike Zoom Streak 7 and she got the colorway exactly right.

Mikkey King Dong ? Please explain 

Yes those are fatty legs not mine !

Jmac I think you are probably right about moose mug been more attainable for 40 year olds although 2.40 times in your 40s is pretty talented.

Age does nasty things to training....

thats amazing skill, well done piwis daughter! And those are pretty strong arms plus the new vaporflys!!! Cool stuff.

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Marco - Great to meet you this morning and really enjoyed the run!  Best of luck on Sunday, I’ll be watching at the Lisburn Road/Balmoral Road junction and will look out for you. 👍

P.S - I had Afternoon Tea at Malone House with my family today. 😁

Marco - Great to meet you this morning and really enjoyed the run!  Best of luck on Sunday, I’ll be watching at the Lisburn Road/Balmoral Road junction and will look out for you. 👍

P.S - I had Afternoon Tea at Malone House with my family today. 😁

It was great meeting you as well. I really enjoyed the chat and the run (I was lucky you just ran London, I could never keep up even with your easy runs Smile

I love the Malone house, it's a nice place for a tea and a relaxing walk around.

have a great day, I might see you on SundaySmile

PRs since re-started in 2013:

5km: 19:43 (Belfast park run Sep-16) | 10km: 40:16 (Belfast Lagan side 10K Sep-18) 

HM: 1:30:09 (Belfast city Half Marathon, September-18) | FM: 3:25:05 (official chip time Belfast city Marathon, May-19, marathon was 0.3/4 longer, original time 3:27:20 for 26.5/6...)

Upcoming races:  

???