New Foot Pain--Outside of Foot (Read 951 times)

Misinformation Officer

DESCRIPTION: *Outside of left foot near heel/slightly in front of where a line down from the ankle would be, but not in the ankle itself , as if you followed the pinky toe bone all the way towards the heel. *Not visibly swollen. *Painful enough to make AM walking extremely uncomfortable. *Dulls out to noticable ache throughout day. *Not better or worse with running, although I do ignore it completely while running. The pain is still there, but since it's not worse, I ignore it. Extremely high pain tolerance, so not really sure if this is a good idea or not. *The whole bone does not hurt, just the "bottom" part near the heel. *Not totally sure this is a bone issue, just the only way I can describe it. *Have run 20-25 mpw for 3 years, with a cutback week every 3rd week, even when it's not on my log, except for other blips in the road for female medical surgeries. Help me please! Need more info? Just ask.
      I had similar symptoms after getting going this spring (I started out too hard, as usual). The culprit was peroneal tendinitis. The nice thing is that extra calf stretching and massage along the outside of the calf took care of it very quickly. I have had no problems, since, and did not have to take any time off.

"I aim to misbehave."

Misinformation Officer

Thanks. The foam roller has become my friend. It hurts like a %^&$%^ on that calf, but it works really well.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had this a year ago...only thing that solved it for me was going to a more flexible shoe...which eventually wasn't stable enough and my knees gave me issues. Went back to more stability, then my knees were happy, but feet pissed. Solution: flexible shoes with orthotic insoles. I've been able to retain the forefoot flexibility while increasing rear and midfoot stability. Golden.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay