Halo Headband Products (Read 675 times)

ReaDaddy

So I was wondering if anybody uses the Halo products??? I have not yet received my headband but I was interested in the hat they make.  If anyone has one, what is your opinion on the hat? Is it really a lot better than my running hat?  I haven't noticed sweat in my eyes yet with my current hats but then again, I am not too high up in distance yet.  So let me know what you all think of the Halo products and how you use them.  Thanks
    Peace Out! Big Sur 1/2, CA - Nov. 15, 2009!!!

I just got one (thanks to those who suggested them in a recent thread!)  I sweat like crazy and was always wiping my forehead.  To combat this I bought the elastic (as opposed to the tie) version.  It works quite well... that is especially evident after the run when I wring it out into a big puddle.

That said, if you have a hat that is already working, I don't see much reason to plunk down another $12+ to get the same effect.  As to how I use it... I dunno, I guess I just put it on my head and run.  The only thing I do differently is making sure that I put on some strong sunscreen first so that I don't end up with a tan-line across my forehead.

-------------------------------------
      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Gig

Nate,

Do you know how they compare to Under Armour headbands? Or Champion? Those aren't quite getting the job done for me.

Gig

ReaDaddy

That's awesome Nate! I guess my question about how to use them sounded weird but I meant it in terms of what type of different sports do you use them with.  I am interested in using mine with my bike helmet too.  I actually just ordered the elastic one as and also a hat. I found a GREAT deal online for a hat so I ordered 1 and will try them both out.  I have not run without a hat yet so it will probably take some getting used to the headband.  You also mentioned that you got your headband based on another thread you read recently.  Could you lead me in the right direction to try and find that thread.  That is the one thing about forums...sometimes there are about 1,000 different threads that belong in 1!!!  LOL

Imminent Catastrophe

Love the Halo. I wear them under a hat most of the time, because the hat doesn't do the job once it gets saturated, but the headband does. Plus I like to wear my race or Maniac hats. Just received another one.

I also have the hat with built-in Halo but the problem is the hat they use is kind of small so if you have a big head (like me) it fits kind of tight (I've had this hat for a couple years so they may have changed that).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

ReaDaddy

Very cool feedback PerfesserR!!! I am not familiar with the Maniac hats but will Bing it shortly.  I did not even think about putting the Halo underneath one of my already comfortable hats. DUH!!! LOL  I actually have a pretty big melon too...so my wife says anyway....so as you said, it may be a little tight.
              T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

I use the Halo whenever working out inside - like on the bike trainer or the treadmill.  I sweat a lot.  It really does keep sweat out of your eyes.  It doesn't soak up sweat like a terry cloth headband so you don't have to ring the dang thing out.  I have several of the elastic headbands.  I have not tried the hat.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Ahh, gotcha... I've only used it for running and only a few times for even that, so far.  The thread I read about them in is http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/d74483d9b7934e2b8231e7dc06f491e5#focus

How they match up with other brands is a mystery, as before this it was nothing but salt-stung eyes.  These have a gutter bit that channels the sweat to the sides of your head... maybe others do as well, but it's a nice feature.  Good luck with the one you ordered.

-------------------------------------
                  5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                  10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                  1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                  Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07