Wear your sunscreen, kids (Read 1547 times)

At his every-6-months-every-inch-of-skin inspection (and I mean EVERY inch...between toes and "other" crevices) DH had a new and suspicious spot removed for biopsy.  We have our fingers crossed that this will not be melanoma 2.0.

If you're not protecting yourself from the sun you're asking for cancer.  If you're actually going out of your way for a tan I think you should get your head checked.

Fingers crossed!

This is so scary. I "tanned" until I was 27.  I swear, I stopped only when I started to get brown patches on my face from hormones. 

With my 2 step daughters, I slather them every day. The little one has tender fair skin, that burns instantly.  Last year I kept her sun free, unitl the visit to Grandmas house. This  year, I will make sure I make it clear. She can't go outside AT ALL without head to toe sunscreen on first. NO exceptions.    I don't want them getting leather skin like their old step mom :-)   - not to mention the skin cancer-     I can't blame my parents, because I don't think anyone knew the risks, but we do now. 

I even used a tanning bed from time to time in my early twenties.  

- Anya

Feeling the growl again

At his every-6-months-every-inch-of-skin inspection (and I mean EVERY inch...between toes and "other" crevices) DH had a new and suspicious spot removed for biopsy.  We have our fingers crossed that this will not be melanoma 2.0.

Here's to hoping it's nothing...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills