Asics Gel Nimbus 7 vs 10 (Read 2210 times)

I purchased last week a pair of very cheap Gel Nimbus 7, without knowing that the version 10 was already out... I wouldn't mind paying the difference between my 7 and the 10, but is it really worth £20 ($40)? How do the cushioning of both models compare? Would you upgrade or would you keep the Nimbus 7?
    PRs 5K 21:44 10K 51:35 51:09 48:41
      Well the nimbus 7's are I am guessing if we go backwards... 2008 (10), 2007 (9)... 2005 (7) the 7's are 4 year old shoes never worn... I would keep them just expect to get slightly less millage out of them...

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I've never tried the 7s, sorry. But I can say I ended up buying several pairs of 8s on clearance and they're holding up very well. I agree with jsobo - if you like them, stick with them, but keep track of your mileage and how you're feeling as the miles add up.
        ~ Fly ~
        Only as much as I dream can I be.
        veggies on the run

Go Pre!

I've never tried the 7s, sorry. But I can say I ended up buying several pairs of 8s on clearance and they're holding up very well. I agree with jsobo - if you like them, stick with them, but keep track of your mileage and how you're feeling as the miles add up.
          I've heard, but don't quote me, that even on the shelves, shoes deteriorate. I heard it from PT who had nothing to gain from that statement. FWIW

De-slacking in progress

Just bought a pair of Nimbus 10 today. I've been fighting hip pain even though my Saucony's only have 250 miles on them I thought i give another brand a try. See if it help- lets you know in a couple of weeks

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14