Lake Winnipesaukee Relay (Read 887 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Matt, Congratulations to your team, as well as your women's team, on winning the race! The weather couldn't be better. Although our men's team beat last year's time by 10 minutes, they didn't move up in the rankings, and remained in 10th over all. The women's team came in 4th in their division. Our seniors team came in 7th in their group. I was planning to write a race report, but it will be too long, especially since I had to do legs 3 and 8. I was on a fun team, and was never in contention. My team came in 71 over all, while the other fun team came in 72. Have you done this race before? I did leg 5 last year, and so I knew all about the first hill on leg 3, so I just walked up it. My excuse was that I still have leg 8 to run, which was just as brutal. I don't know the exact distance on the first hill, but it just went on and on for at least a mile. I'm happy with how I did though. Congratulations again on a job well done! Do you have any other races lined up? eric Smile

The Floor Walker

Eric, Glad to hear you all had fun at Winni, I know we certainly did. It was my first time running it and look forward to next years race. I was warned about the leg 3 hill but didn't think it'd be as bad as it was! I have two big races coming up the end of October: the Mayors Cup XC race which is what I've been focusing on all year and the Cape Code Marathon the following week where I hope to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I'm shooting for a sub 27:30 at mayors cup and around a 2:50 at Cape Cod. I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on my results (hopefully good) after each race. Matt
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Matt, The Cape Cod Marathon is coming up fast. Are you ready for it? I'm running NYC Marathon, which is a week after Cape Cod, and I'm starting to worry that I might not have enough weekends for my long runs. I still haven't done my 20 and 22+ milers yet. You'll have to keep us posted on your BQ attempt. 2:50 is screaming fast! eric Smile