"Your imported GPS data is ready" -- but it isn't displaying (Read 300 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I uploaded a run a while ago, and I just got the "Your imported GPS data is ready. Click here to review the generated workouts." message. But when I click on that, it doesn't show the new run. That message doesn't go away either.

I think the normal behavior is -- well, the normal behavior is that it uploads so fast that I don't see that message. But if I do see that message, when I click on that message, then new run(s) show up and the message vanishes. I think.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Logging out and back in solved it -- now the run is listed in triplicate - so I'll just save one and delete the other two copies.

eric :)

I'm thinking the problem could be that you imported your data at around the same time the server was importing someone's training log.  It contained some 800 mb worth of XML data.  That import took a long time to complete and backed up the import queue.

I don't know why there are duplicates though.  Did you import multiple times?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't know why there are duplicates though.  Did you import multiple times?

Yes - I thought the import was failing, so I tried again. Apparently twice.

I'm surprised that it imports the run multiple times, but it certainly didn't lose any data, which is good.

eric :)

If you imported your data multiple times, then you will get duplicates.  The importer does not check for duplicates because there's no simple way of doing it other than doing a compare on all the fields.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, well extra copies isn't really a problem - much better than losing data. Thanks.