Worst.Song.Ever (Read 789 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

By popular demand, here it is. The rules are: It has to be pop/rock, and has to have hit the top 40. To start it off, I present the nausea-inducing lyrics of: Bobby Goldsborough's "Honey" A song that rhymes "what the heck" and "hugged my neck"? I say Eckkkkkk...Hey, that rhymes!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

You know I have the firepower to put a stop to this madness if I have to, but for now I'll just fire a warning shot. http://youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0 (Now I have to make sure Tiny Tim hit the top of the charts with it...)

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Imminent Catastrophe

I bow before you and surrender my sword... That is greatness!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I flippin' HATE this song. I'd probably like it were it not for the fact that the lead singer grew up less than an hour from here, so when they were big there were AT LEAST a half dozen versions of the damned song, including several live versions. One could not go an hour without finding at least one of the versions on the radio, pretty much regardless of station (alternative, pop, rock, easy-listening). Damned one-hit wonders.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I bow before you and surrender my sword... That is greatness!
            It really is, it's so bad it's good. I tried like hell to find its peak on the charts, best I could do is total sales: A hot commodity, Tim signed a record deal with Reprise and issued his debut album, God Bless Tiny Tim, in 1968. His signature rendition of "Tip-Toe Through the Tulips" became a hit, and the LP sold over 200,000 copies.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Karma Chameleon by Boy George haha
              keep running!
                Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun Goodbye to you, my trusted friend. We've known each other since we're nine or ten. Together we climbed hills or trees. Learned of love and ABC's, skinned our hearts and skinned our knees. Goodbye my friend, it's hard to die, when all the birds are singing in the sky, Now that the spring is in the air. Pretty girls are everywhere. When you see them I'll be there. We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. But the hills that we climbed were just seasons out of time. Goodbye, Papa, please pray for me, I was the black sheep of the family. You tried to teach me right from wrong. Too much wine and too much song, wonder how I get along. Goodbye, Papa, it's hard to die when all the birds are singing in the sky, Now that the spring is in the air. Little children everywhere. When you see them I'll be there. We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. But the wine and the song, like the seasons, all have gone. Goodbye, Michelle, my little one. You gave me love and helped me find the sun. And every time that I was down you would always come around and get my feet back on the ground. Goodbye, Michelle, it's hard to die when all the bird are singing in the sky, Now that the spring is in the air. With the flowers ev'rywhere. I whish that we could both be there. We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun. But the stars we could reach were just starfishs on the beach.-

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun
                  That one will make a lot of "short lists", it did for me. Bleccch. There is a "we play everything" variety station in Boston that will play stuff like that just to prove their slogan, they'll add "even THAT one" if it's really bad.

E.J.

My legs are killing me

"Seasons in the Sun" I HATE that song! Tight lipped I was going to say "I got you babe" by Sonny and Cher but that song is the worst.

My legs are killing me

Now I have that song in my head. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
                      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I got two words for you people... Muskrat Love
                          Wow! "Honey," "Muskrat Love," and "Seasons in the Sun" are all really bad. I don't think I can compete with those selections, but submitted for the group's disapproval: 5. "Breaking Up is Hard to Do," Neil Sedaka - Heartbreak set to a peppy doo-wop beat 4. "Love Will Keep Us Together," Captain and Tenille - Soothing sounds of the dry-look era. Nothing says "70's" more than a synth and a captain's cap. 3. "MacArthur Park," Richard Harris - Who in their right mind would leave a cake out in the rain? And what does it have to do with the park? 2. "Red, Red, Wine," UB40 - A Neil Diamond/Brill Building classic. As interpreted by British pop-reggae sensations UB40, it sounded more like "Red, Red, Whine." This song has been known to make people break out in hives 1. "Sometimes When We Touch," Dan Hill - A song for those fragile, tortured souls who think that James Taylor and Dan Fogelberg (RIP) are a couple of insensitive clods and Joni Mitchell is a hamfisted hack. Mike

My legs are killing me

Wow! "Honey," "Muskrat Love," and "Seasons in the Sun" are all really bad. I don't think I can compete with those selections, but submitted for the group's disapproval: 5. "Breaking Up is Hard to Do," Neil Sedaka - Heartbreak set to a peppy doo-wop beat 4. "Love Will Keep Us Together," Captain and Tenille - Soothing sounds of the dry-look era. Nothing says "70's" more than a synth and a captain's cap. 3. "MacArthur Park," Richard Harris - Who in their right mind would leave a cake out in the rain? And what does it have to do with the park? 2. "Red, Red, Wine," UB40 - A Neil Diamond/Brill Building classic. As interpreted by British pop-reggae sensations UB40, it sounded more like "Red, Red, Whine." This song has been known to make people break out in hives 1. "Sometimes When We Touch," Dan Hill - A song for those fragile, tortured souls who think that James Taylor and Dan Fogelberg (RIP) are a couple of insensitive clods and Joni Mitchell is a hamfisted hack. Mike
                            With the exception of 2, I believe all of those songs were from the 70's. What a cheesey decade that was.

Think Whirled Peas

I submit THIS SONG as a pox on anyone contributing to/reading this thread. You people are mean. Glad to return the favor! Evil grin

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I submit THIS SONG as a pox on anyone contributing to/reading this thread. You people are mean. Glad to return the favor! Evil grin
                                No way, man...I still *heart* that song. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay