Smitten with a mitten (Read 150 times)

My fiancée wants a particular running mitten and I can't find them anywhere.  Actually, the brand doesn't matter, but she thinks the ones she had before were Asics.  The key thing is they have to be mittens only - not the convertible fold over mittens.  Not too bulky or heavy, good windbreaker shell, and soft and warm inside.  She mentioned the others may have been fleece inside.  She generally won't run outside once it gets below 20 degrees F, so they don't need to be Everest tested.

My Google Fu has let me down.  Any help?  Thanks!

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

These may not be exactly what you're looking for, but when I lived in a colder climate I loved my Sugoi Wind Mitts.

Windblocking material, not super-insulated or anything, but I'd wear them over regular running gloves on extra-cold days. Then if you warm up mid-run you can take them off and still have your gloves.

Dave

kkittenkat

English Villian

Just lol at 'Google Fu' Smile

Joann Y

My fiancée wants a particular running mitten and I can't find them anywhere.  Actually, the brand doesn't matter, but she thinks the ones she had before were Asics.  The key thing is they have to be mittens only - not the convertible fold over mittens.  Not too bulky or heavy, good windbreaker shell, and soft and warm inside.  She mentioned the others may have been fleece inside.  She generally won't run outside once it gets below 20 degrees F, so they don't need to be Everest tested.

My Google Fu has let me down.  Any help?  Thanks!

I have this exact pair. Great for all the things you describe. Thin soft fleece lining. Great in wind and for staying warm but not bulky. I love them for running.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/SCW1236/saucony-run-mitt/

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I have this exact pair. Great for all the things you describe. Thin soft fleece lining. Great in wind and for staying warm but not bulky. I love them for running.

I have these mittens and I’m not real crazy about them. There is too much going on around the wrist. Between my watch, the cuff of whatever shirt or jacket I’m wearing, plus the tight part of this mitten AND the wider, elastic cuff part, I’ve grown to really despise them, lol.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That site has sold out of them.  I found them on this site:  http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Saucony_Run_Mitt/descpage-SAURM1.html

Thanks, all!  I think I'll get her the Saucony mitts.  The Sugoi look good too, so maybe there's a present in there for me too.    Now if I can get my son to stop stealing my base layer garments, I'll be set for the winter.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Now if I can get my son to stop stealing my base layer garments, I'll be set for the winter.

Kids.......................

Get off my porch

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Thanks, all!  I think I'll get her the Saucony mitts.  The Sugoi look good too, so maybe there's a present in there for me too.    Now if I can get my son to stop stealing my base layer garments, I'll be set for the winter.

Good call on the Saucony's. They're very warm, and I haven't had any issues with wind or water getting through them.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Get 'em soon.  Sounds like Saucony is quitting the apparel thing.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My Saucony mitts came today.  They look good!  I will have DH wrap them up for Christmas for me.  Smile

evanrunner

I highly recommend Brooks Utopia mittens. Love mine! Keeps my fingers warm on the coldest days of the year here in New Jersey.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I highly recommend Brooks Utopia mittens. Love mine! Keeps my fingers warm on the coldest days of the year here in New Jersey.

Evidently, they're no longer available

But I am considering this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Brook-Farm-Dark-Side-Utopia/dp/0674011600

mattw4jc

I bought a pair of REI windblock mittens that I use mainly for cycling and some running when it's cold enough.

I can only find the kids version on their site, but hopefully they still carry adult sizes too.