What is on your Christmas list? (Read 819 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

DD called. Asked what I wanted for Christmas. I told her some socks.

50+ group normally have everything we need or want Smile

Here is my list:

peanut butter 16 oz -to put in work truck so I will stop going without food all day.DW buys 4 lb jars.

socks----------------- work and cheap running socks

405 watch band ---- and some one to put in on for me

Marathon / ultra fee paid

Marathon Maniac dues paid

Local running club dues paid

Driver/ rider to the next over and back marathon / ultra (no hotel) 3-5 hours one way

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Beer.

Not at it at all. 

Beer.

This. Plus some beer.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

our typical gifts between my wife and I are socks, running shoes, jeans, and other stuff we buy for ourselves, wrap up and pretend to give to each other.

after years of scrimping all the time I've finally found a changed position.  I got a year end bonus this year after 2 years of no bonus.  It was more than I expected.  My wife has done without an Apple computer since she left work when the kids started.  We've simply not been able to afford one.  I told her the bonus was small.  So we bought 2 more gifts for the kids and plan to put a tiny bit into their 529 plan. 

This year she's getting some soap, lotion, and a brand new iMac.  It's going to be awesome. 

I don't even want anything for Christmas other than to be there when she sees it. 

MTA: beer would be ok though

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

our typical gifts between my wife and I are socks, running shoes, jeans, and other stuff we buy for ourselves, wrap up and pretend to give to each other.

after years of scrimping all the time I've finally found a changed position.  I got a year end bonus this year after 2 years of no bonus.  It was more than I expected.  My wife has done without an Apple computer since she left work when the kids started.  We've simply not been able to afford one.  I told her the bonus was small.  So we bought 2 more gifts for the kids and plan to put a tiny bit into their 429 plan. 

This year she's getting some soap, lotion, and a brand new iMac.  It's going to be awesome. 

I don't even want anything for Christmas other than to be there when she sees it. 

Just think of  all the stuff you will buy for your self in 14 years.Empty nest is not a bad thing.Smile

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Just think of  all the stuff you will buy for your self in 14 years.Empty nest is not a bad thing.Smile

14?

we've only got 10 years, 9 months, and 6 days. 

But who's counting. 

Julia1971

I usually get myself something for my birthday and Christmas.  That way, I know I'll get something I really wanted.  Smile

I want a new computer.  I broke my laptop last year and have been using my netbook since.  I was holding off because I had a couple big purchases this year, but I think I'm ready to take the plunge.  I'm also thinking about getting a Nook/Kindle/iPad-type device.  But, I feel like I need to research the differences on those more.

Running-wise, when I'm training for something, one of my motivating tools is to make myself earn the stuff I want.  There's a running jacket in my future if I hit my marathon pace during my long run today.  Wish me luck!

DoppleBock

CC Skate skis, (golf) driver, racketball gloves, golf balls, downhill skis, wakeboard, snow, peace on earth, end to desease and hunger and a new bike - Not in that order and I know I will be lucky to get the racketball gloves.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Abd beer - Took DDs (11 & 6) downhill skiing all day (10am-9pm) yesterday (DW worked all day) - Got Home and the beer was gone Sad

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

SMART Approach

This. Plus some beer.

........in a tree!  Sorry - had to quote McKenzie Brothers "12 days of Christmas" as I heard this song last night and can't get it out of my head Big grin

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I usually get myself something for my birthday and Christmas.  That way, I know I'll get something I really wanted.  Smile

I want a new computer.  I broke my laptop last year and have been using my netbook since.  I was holding off because I had a couple big purchases this year, but I think I'm ready to take the plunge.  I'm also thinking about getting a Nook/Kindle/iPad-type device.  But, I feel like I need to research the differences on those more.

Running-wise, when I'm training for something, one of my motivating tools is to make myself earn the stuff I want.  There's a running jacket in my future if I hit my marathon pace during my long run today.  Wish me luck!

Good luck and Happy B'day. Youngest DD and oldest GD  have b'days next week. Wife's DS b'day is today.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

love,  world peace & the end of PF all over the world!  

and a quick & inexpensive fix to our expensive stainless steel double oven that shorted out last night.   older daughter home from college & had her 8th annual christmas party with her friends in which she does all the  cooking for a 5-6 course meal (food science major).  she split some kind of hot liquid & shorted out the oven.  was at work but apparently there was quite the fireworks display from the oven.  fun times

really I'm just glad both our daughters ( 22,24) are around for christmas & still enjoy the company of their parents & have a still beautiful wife of 27 1/2 yrs.  that's all the Christmas gifts I need. 

oh & maybe the Prince coming to Seattle for 5 years-we do have real grass & retractable roof

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

oh & maybe the Prince coming to Seattle for 5 years-we do have real grass & retractable roof

?

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Julia1971

Good luck and Happy B'day. Youngest DD and oldest GD  have b'days next week. Wife's DS b'day is today.

My bday was back in July, but I'll take the well wishes late.  Smile  I got myself the Garmin 610.  Today, I'm jacket shopping for myself and Christmas shopping for my nieces.  I wish I could just give them money but I'm guessing 4 and 6 year olds prefer things like toys.

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I got a new ASUS laptop for Christmas.  My parents have never spend more than 50-70 bucks on us for Christmas, so when my wife and I opened the laptop and my sister and husband got a iPad 2 we all just about passed out.  I guess we were very good this year.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k