Better mobile device support (Read 1285 times)

The shirtless wonder

One downside of this change is that I can no longer zoom in on my iPhone. Sad

The stock android browser doesn't allow zooming on mobile sites and I don't understand why.  The previously mentioned Dolphin browser on android allows you to zoom anything.

Not to get into a religious phone war but it's really too bad that Apple doesn't allow alternate browsers on the iPhone. 

bhearn

The stock android browser doesn't allow zooming on mobile sites and I don't understand why.  The previously mentioned Dolphin browser on android allows you to zoom anything.

Not to get into a religious phone war but it's really too bad that Apple doesn't allow alternate browsers on the iPhone. 

My bad -- the behavior seems to have changed again since I noticed that problem; now the layout is different, and it allows zooming.

Religion aside, the iPhone is the dominant mobile platform, and even if Apple did allow alternate browsers Safari would still be the most used, so it is reasonable to expect good behavior in that environment.