TGIF - Favorite Drinks (Read 904 times)

After hearing about the possible depantsing (is that even a word??) effect of more than one chambord martini...my husband wants to make me a couple. Hmmmm, I wonder why! Wink TGIF

Michelle

My FAVORITE vacation drink is an Oreo Cookie. The best ones are from Ocean City, MD, from a bar called Brass Balls. I'm not usually a fan of frozen drinks but this one is great. Talk about a guilty pleasure. Yes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After hearing about the possible depantsing (is that even a word??) effect of more than one chambord martini...my husband wants to make me a couple. Hmmmm, I wonder why! Wink TGIF
        Ha! I think that one I had was 2oz. gin, 1oz. Chambord, a bit of fresh squeezed lime and the garnish was a couple of blackberries. I could not taste the booze...at all!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

beer- none, can't stand it wine- notsomuch mixed- strawberry margaritas anything off the TGI Friday's drink menu- those ice cream drinks are lethal! Big grin

madness baby

Beer: Delirium Tremens Hubby's Homebrewed Hefeweizen Miller Lite (in the summer heat) Wine: Montepulciano Shiraz (not from California) Cabernet Pinot Noir Love trying new full-bodied reds Mixed drinks: 7 & 7 Red wine spritzer (cheap red, on the rocks with ginger ale)
            deb
              I must live a sheltered life, I have never heard of some of these beers!

Michelle

Now that was a bath...

Sadly - I have done a terrible thing. By giving up drinking completely to focus on my running (I know, snerk,snerk, gal's on the bench & all), I have completely lost all pleasure in the taste of anything alcoholic! For my birthday I tried beer (yuk), wine (not a cheap bottle either, a $60 Villa Maria Carbernet/Merlot) - yuk, and finally gin and tonic -yuk. My counsellors in the rehab would be proud. I can at last hold my had up high and say 'I am Claire, I am a fully recovered alcoholic, it has been 78 days since my first running day of abstainance.' Balls. Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                  Beer Guinness Heineken Corona (without lime) Drinks Dark rum and coke (with lime) Wine Hermitage La Chapelle 1990 (Paul Jaboulet Aine) FRANCE (Rhone) - best wine I have ever had! Also love, New Zealand Pinot Noirs and Sauvignon Blancs (Marlborough) California Zinfandel Riesling from the Mosel River Valley in Germany ANY Barolo from Italy Canadian Last Harvest Vidal (in my opinion, better than Icewine, and cheaper)
                    Smile Claire....I think you are AWESOME!! My ex is a recovered user (cocaine mainly) and after some ROUGH years and then support of rehab and NA and AA meetings, he has been clean from drugs and alcohol for two years now. He's actually a sponsor for NA, he runs and attends meetings about 4 times week. It's a wonderful thing. He's successful with work (a top sales manager fora Toyota dealership) and lives a happier life. He's closer to our three children than he's ever been. He won't touch alcohol now, out of respect for that I won't even take a sip in front of him. But he's already said that he is perfectly fine (at this point) if Scott (my husband now) and I drink in front of him (we all go on vacations together with the kids), but we don't. He said that beer doesn't even sound good to him anymore. We have a unique relationship - one night while at Disney we ALL got virgin drinks and told him it was in honor of him, and then we all laughed, took a big long sip of our frozen non-alcoholic drink and got a brain freeze. It was funny - even without alcohol it still went straight to our head!! ---- Now if only he would quit smoking and start running.

Michelle

Zoom-zoom: Just re-read your post about Blue Moon Belgian White. That stuff is delicious. Had it in Iowa City, IA and Chicago, IL. Love that it is served with a slice of orange. So good in the summer. Enjoyed it so much I picked up 12 and brought them back to Canada with me.
                        Zoom-zoom: Just re-read your post about Blue Moon Belgian White. That stuff is delicious. Had it in Iowa City, IA and Chicago, IL. Love that it is served with a slice of orange. So good in the summer. Enjoyed it so much I picked up 12 and brought them back to Canada with me.
                        Confused When I tried it there wasn't an orange...maybe that's why it tasted so icky. Guess I'll have to give it another try sometime.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you like that you would really like Bell's Oberon made in Kalamazoo, MI. Great beer...like Summer in a bottle. Also served with an orange wedge, but I like those beers without the orange, too. Good stuff! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

It sounds like we need to have a big RunningAhead gathering so we can share our drink recipes!!! So, where should we have it... How about Chicago on October 7th? (Marathon!) Smile

Wasatch Speedgoat

Beer: Guinness Broken Halo IPA Wachusett IPA Belgium Brewery's 1554 Mostly like Stouts and Porters, IPA's on a hot day. Wine: Yuck Mixed: Maybe a margarita from time to time, but mostly yuck.

Life is short, play hard!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It sounds like we need to have a big RunningAhead gathering so we can share our drink recipes!!! So, where should we have it... How about Chicago on October 7th? (Marathon!) Smile
                                I could do that... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay