ice bath (Read 558 times)

Cause I CAN

I tried it and its worse than the run itself.... Evil grin Shocked
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

And, like running, the "I'm glad I did that" sometimes doesn't show up till later.
      seeEricaRun

Awesome

I tried it and its worse than the run itself.... Evil grin Shocked
        That's what I said last year after trying it. Actually, what I said was, "You are all out of your minds." This year I swear by them.
          I swear by ice baths! When I was training for my first (& only!) full marathon I took them after my long training runs & then soaked in one after I ran the marathon... I was never sore. For me, it was best if I sat in cold water & then had my kids...hubby...slowly add ice to the bath! Keep your shirt on & just have the water come up to under your hipbones. I must also add that we were training in Georgia in August/September so it was HOT outside too!
          obsessor

That's what I said last year after trying it. Actually, what I said was, "You are all out of your minds." This year I swear by them.
            Me too! I say eff you, ice, I ain't touching you.
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I waded in open water this morning -- I figure that should be functionally equivalent to an ice bath? Anyway it was cold; I didn't stay out long.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.