Galloway Method (Read 80 times)

sjmike

Does anyone have any marathon training experience using the Galloway method? My question is when it says to run a certain training pace, does that include the walk breaks or that should be the pace including the walk breaks? Thanks in advance

"may you be halfway up the hill before you realize you are running one"

gorunn12

Wow, brings me back to the 80's when I used Jeff's training for marathons.  I would say it includes your walking breaks.  For me, my running days for now are over after falling off a ladder painting and getting a concussion 8 days ago. This is the longest running break I'll have since 1988!  Good luck with your Galloway method and marathoning!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

You may want to take a look at the LHR forum here. Maffetone training.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Are you using the actual Galloway method with his prescribed times and paces or simply a run-walk method?  As I understand him, Galloway specifies how long to run and at what pace, and how long to walk and at what pace for an overall pace target. That's also based on what he calls a Magic Mile, i.e. a mile time trial used to set your goal pace.  I use a run-walk method, but I've determined, mostly by trial and error, what works for me because Galloway's method would have me switching back and forth between running and walking way too frequently.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.