Hanging running clothes to dry (Read 769 times)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

It helps to keep the fresh flavor of gum in your pocket when you wash them.

Yes, of course. It helps with the permastink! Minty fresh skirts Smile

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

sugnim

It occurs to me, backward mingus, that in this thread we've mentioned "if your washer is working properly" and in a different thread "if your dishwasher is working properly".  Huh.  Sorry about that.

Hahaha.  Serious, though, no need to apologize.  Our house was built 73 years ago and is considered a "lunchbox house."  That is, it was much smaller than the small that it is now, and the person who originally lived there worked at a local lumber mill, brought home what supplies they could sneak in their lunchbox, and built/added to/fixed the house with this.  When I restored the crumbling walls & ceiling in the living room, I found plaster that was held together with horse hair as well as studs that were comprised of several pieces of wood.  The floor slants in many directions, some doors are wide enough to fit a king sized bed through length-wise, and some just wide enough for an average-sized person to walk through.  Our wash machine does indeed suck, but the dishwasher is actually supposed to be good and was installed just a couple of years ago.  However, our hot water heater really sucks, and that may be a contributing factor to the other appliances.

That said, if you'd like to visit sometime, I could use some help with the wiring.  We have homegrown veggies, fruit, eggs, meat, etc. to exchange for manual labor.  Big grin

kcam

I pretty much hand-wash / outside hang all of my running clothes, California sunshine takes care of the uberstank.  I have a clothes-line right outside the side door of my garage and a utility sink next to the door so it's fairly convenient.

I hang dry all of my clothes, running and otherwise.  Saves money, clothes last longer, provides some much needed humidity in our super dry air (I hang dry them inside).

CeeDotA

After a run, I'll let my shirt/jacket hang on the stair rail to fully dry. From there, they'll go in a laundry bag so the shirts can all wash together. I found that washing tech shirts with other laundry will cause snags and such in the tech fabric. Now, I just wash only the shirts together. Once everything's all washed, then they'll hang dry. Almost all our laundry, save for socks and underwear, gets hang dried.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

spoonerweb

I hang dry all my clothes. In the summer, I try to bring in all the clothes before lunch time because it gets too hot and the clothes feel like they are baking in the sun.

I've been at this running game a long time and I've only ever machine washed and dried my running gear. And I have some running clothes that are literally 10 years old.

Runners run

I guess I'm the odd ball.  I wash on normal, and throw everything in the dryer!?!

Though I do keep all my running stuff separate, but mostly because I don't want my running clothes cooties cross contaminating my normal clothing.  I have a clothes rack in our laundry room that I try to hang my running gear on after a run to dry off.  In the summer it works fine, but in the winter it fills up quick!  Running pants, shorts, short sleeve tech, long sleeve tech, and socks for most runs.  7 days a week, sometimes multiple runs a day, it soon ends up just a big heap!

In the summer I can go a couple weeks between loads, but in the winter I probably do a load every 6-7 days.  I shovel the whole load and wash together.  Keeping all the running stuff together makes for a quick dry though.  The dryer has an auto dryness sensor, and turns off after about 10 minutes.

OK, whew, I'm not the only one!

I've been at this running game a long time and I've only ever machine washed and dried my running gear. And I have some running clothes that are literally 10 years old.

xor

He is literally not the only one.

Hi Obi!

Hey Stevie!

Julia1971

I'm another one that puts everything in the dryer and hasn't noticed any abnormal wear or smells.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Wow, must have been a slow day on RA.

kcam

Well, no wonder you don't have any stuff older than 10 years old!  Start hang drying dude.

montag

Super Pro Lurker

I also wash (cold) and dry all my stuff (high heat or warmer usually). Even my bike chamois and my jeans. Apparently that is not something people do.