I can't tie my own shoes (Read 1720 times)

seriously, my shoes keep coming untied at least 3-4 times on every run. I've tried both the 'round the tree way and the bunny-ear way, and neither seems to make any difference. Any shoe-tyin' experts out there?
      Double knot?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Are you double-knotting them? I also tuck the bunny ears through the lower laces. I figure they don't flop around much that way.
          Just tie as normal then form a single overhand knot with the loops. They will never come untied unless you want them to. Tom
            The wavy laces from NB work wonders. I had issues in the past with other laces coming undone and it drove me crazy.

Michelle

I'm not a shoe-tyin' expert, but this guy is: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

Imploder

if your shoelaces always come untied, you are probably tying a granny style knot rather than a square knot. I should know, I did it for the last 30 years, until I saw that shoelace site last month. Shocked Anyway, it's a must-read. It's amazing what he put into it.
                sluggo

John

I'm not a shoe-tyin' expert, but this guy is: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm
                  Hey! This site is pretty cool! I've been using the "Better Bow" knot for years (with excess lenght drawn through the laces down near my toes) and it has worked very well. Now I am interested in trying the "Ian's Secure Shoelace Knot!" Thx for the link! John

John
                  www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Sine Metu

Try velcro!

A lot of pressure in the middle of those shoulders / And we ain't gettin nothing but older / Ain't nothing change but the day we run from / But nobody knows that better than you,huh

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Well I was going to say I just tuck the ears away before my run, nothing worst than eatting dirk because you triped over your laces and your 5 miles away from home all cut up and in pain! BUT NOW I went to that awesome sight and I will probably tuck the ears still but it's Ian's secure knot for me!
                      -Jen
                      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!

Dave

Just Double knot it Surprised

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I haven't had a shoe come untied for years, since I started using this knot: http://news.runtowin.com/2006/09/18/one-simple-knot-that-keeps-your-shoes-tied.html (includes video)

Run to Win
                          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

WOW. I had no idea there were so many different ways to tie shoes. I'm going to look over a few of those on that website and see what works. thanks, guys

Hawt and sexy

This can't be serious, can it?

I'm touching your pants.

#artbydmcbride

Double-knotting works for me.

Runners run