Alberto Salazar Hit With Doping Ban (Read 280 times)

xhristopher

The jester justs sets themself up for brutal criticism by making ridiculous claims. There is no point in entering debate because the mental/emotional state of the jester excludes logic and only seeks to validate their magical thinking in order to portray themselves as superior.

There are SO MANY symptoms here that are described in the DSM-V. Best to ignore and avoid.

I hope you can see that I'm in support. It was a perfect claim he made and I perfectly executed it.

Running Problem

Problem Child

The jester justs sets themself up for brutal criticism by making ridiculous claims. 

There are SO MANY symptoms here that are described in the DSM-V. Best to ignore and avoid.

AH the DSM-V where they just change the rules to diagnosis. Yeah...no criticism of THAT book. I'm sure Alberto fits a couple different categories based on what year it is according to that book.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

AH the DSM-V where they just change the rules to diagnosis. Yeah...no criticism of THAT book. 

Yep, a lot has changed since DSM-I; or DSM-III when I was in college. I wonder what symptoms DSM-VI will congregate to arrive at a likely diagnosis? And pertinent to the direction this thread has taken, how will it address INCELs?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

kilkee

runktrun

Yep, a lot has changed since DSM-I; or DSM-III when I was in college. I wonder what symptoms DSM-VI will congregate to arrive at a likely diagnosis? And pertinent to the direction this thread has taken, how will it address INCELs?

SurlyBill FTW.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

NOP is being shut down by Nike.

The athletes are being directed to other Nike sponsored coaching scenarios. Some, like Jordan Hasay, say they've basically been coaching themselves for some time now with only consultation by Alberto.

I think the fairly recently formed Bowerman Track Club is going to get a lot of NOP athletes who are located in Portland, and others may choose to be in the Oregon TC Elite. I don't think their endorsement and sponsorship deals change at all. Centro already went to BTC.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Ncoaching themselves for some time now with only consultation by Alberto.

"He isn't my coach. He is my consultant." For the next 4 years.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

"He isn't my coach. He is my consultant." For the next 4 years.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Ok, so I thought to write given I finally have some time to do so. First off, in being tested by Nike specifically for Salazar (which I can prove in court) and the Oregon Project, I know firsthand what a useless fraud he is. He was scared of trying to alter his runner's biomechanics for fear of injuring them. So instead of improving their running skill, he sought to improve their speed endurance through illegal drug use. In that regard doping is easier to hide in distance runners and he tried to exploit that.

In the end, his mandate to take the Boston crown with a Caucasian athlete was a dismal failure.

So what did Nike do?

They decided to change the rules and find any illegal means possible to sell the Vaporfly shoe. In trying to get a runner to beat the two hour barrier they fabricated the environment in trying to accomplish what Salazar couldn't. Nike couldn't break the two hour marathon barrier, and they lost the sales boost of the free advertising.

So now its been crossed. Not in a formal marathon environment, but the most carefully controlled scenario in order to make the headlines Salazar couldn't accomplish legitimately.

For the unlimited credit card uncle Phil gave Salazar to with the Boston Marathon crown and for all the years he wasted trying to accomplish that feat using complete fraud science, he failed to teach anyone to run faster.

So if Salazar couldn't do it, teach anyone to improve in speed, then why do you toilet vultures write here thinking you can do any better???

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Feeling the growl again

Sportjester’s crackpottery is well documented here with a search.  Best to ignore.

Nobody with the ears of the military would need to plead their case so desperately here.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The LOLs keep coming

Running Problem

Problem Child

Ok, so I thought to write given I finally have some time to do so. First off, in being tested by Nike specifically for Salazar (which I can prove in court) and the Oregon Project, I know firsthand what a useless fraud he is.

blah blah blah

So if Salazar couldn't do it, teach anyone to improve in speed, then why do you toilet vultures write here thinking you can do any better???

Obviously we need to listen to your advice. So please offer your advice and give me a training plan for a sub 3 at CIM. You knew he was a fraud and the toilet vultures aren't doing any better so I'm seeking your advice. You're the non-toilet vulture here.

VDOT 53.37 

catwhoorg

Labrat

NOP is being shut down by Nike.

Or maybe not, just rebranded per the talk today.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

darkwave

Mother of Cats

What is your opinion of the dead zone?  Is there a dead zone in running?

Possibly related - do you think it's OK to watch TV while running on a treadmill?

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

What is your opinion of the dead zone?  Is there a dead zone in running?

Possibly related - do you think it's OK to watch TV while running on a treadmill?

I have a thought. What if you run in the dead zone WHILE watching TV on a treadmill? They have to cancel out, right?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)