Run Spots - shout out (Read 111 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

So, I'm in Springfield, VA for work.  Usually I just run along the sidewalk on the main roads.  It's depressing.

Today I used the new Run Spots feature, which pointed me to a nice cross-country trail that lead to a waterfall and a lake.  And it was fun to think I might have been passing other anonymous RAers.

Shout out to the Lake Accotink runners!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

It is great. I was traveling last month and could have totally used this- there were some potential routes I saw just looking at the map, but I was unsure whether people actually run there or if it would be super desolate and creepy. Now, looking at run spots, I can see that some of those routes would have been viable and much more interesting than just doing loops in a suburb.

Funnily enough, although there aren't many dark blue routes here in Berlin, one of the few dark blue ones indicates someone (not me, I have never done this) running around and around the park/square in front of my house.

tl;dr - thanks eric Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

In Miami, looking of a place to run: Run Spots to the rescue.

Well, sorta.  I should probably look more closely at the map before heading out; ended up at the port . . . and the US Customs gate.

Unfortunately, it didn't do so well in Zwolle, Netherlands.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do