Recovery/Protein Drinks (Read 838 times)

mb197314

I currently get EAS brand for recovery. What other brands are good or what have you all had good luck with?
      I like Accelerade. Mountain Berry (blue)
      Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

The Greatest of All Time

Met-Rx Optimum Nutrition Whey You just have to add carbs to do it properly, i.e. milk and/or dextrose.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yogurt + fruit + sugar to taste.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

1% with a splash of Hershey Syrup
              A nice 15 year single malt scotch.
                I do not think you need the sugar. But the yogurt + fruit is fine. Sometimes I add Liquid egg white. But that can result in some pungent odor when you break wind.

Lazy idiot

I do not think you need the sugar. But the yogurt + fruit is fine. Sometimes I add Liquid egg white. But that can result in some pungent odor when you break wind.
                  Trent, sounds like a recipe for the next run with JK.

Tick tock

Supa Dupa Fly

I use Labrada Pro V60. The chocolate mixed in milk tastes like a milkshake...rather tasty. It has helped me tack on some muscle, which was a goal.
                    ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I make my own yogurt, which means it is a bit more sour than store-bought yogurt. I add a bit of sugar (usually turbinado) to make it a bit more drinkable, especially if the fruit is also on the sour side (as the strawberries have been this spring).

Non ducor, duco.

You need to put an X in there somewhere to make it sound a littler cooler.
                        JoeShort

I like Endurox R4 for a carb/protein recovery drink, chocolate flavor. Also a few Recover-Ease capsules after more intense or longer efforts really seems to cut down the soreness.
                            I use Accelerade, Fruit flavor, especially in the summer months when it takes more of a toll to run in the heat and humidity.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Hammer Nutrition's Recoverite is my favorite... http://www.runbulldogrun.com/category/recoverite/
                                That St James place in Ireland makes a good one, what's it called........ GUINNESS!!!