calorie intake (Read 760 times)

ashares

how many calories should a highschool XC runner be eating? like, running up to 11 miles a day, lifting for 30-60 min a day. im 5'4 and 110 pounds? any suggestions on intake>???? Confused thanks
    Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Are you weak and tired, or losing weight? Then eat more. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about counting calories. But I would encourage you to think about what you're eating. A steady diet of corn syrup, bleached flour, and highly refined vegetable oils can really screw you up. There's way too much to say about diet to summarize it here. But if you're interested, check out the writings of Michael Pollan and Sally Fallon, for starters.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
        You can use a calorie calculator like this one to get an idea of where you should be... http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/calories-burned

Why is it sideways?

Ed4 is right. Eat if you're hungry. Your weight seems fine (are you a boy or girl?)--particularly if you just had a growth spurt. My advice is not to count calories if you don't have a problem with weight. Your body is not an calorie burner; it is what you live in and will be attached to for the rest of your life. Listen to it. Stay away from soda pop and tater chips. Run a bunch.
            Ed4 is right. Eat if you're hungry. Your weight seems fine (are you a boy or girl?)--particularly if you just had a growth spurt. My advice is not to count calories if you don't have a problem with weight. Your body is not an calorie burner; it is what you live in and will be attached to for the rest of your life. Listen to it. Stay away from soda pop and tater chips. Run a bunch.
            yes to this, almost word-for-word (although i think the occasional soda and/or chips are fine... balance and moderation works well for most humans...!)