De La Hoya vs. Mayweather (Read 616 times)

Prophet!

who you got ? I'm leaning more towards De La Hoya who i think is a much better boxer, but its gonna be a tough fight. Anybody watch the HBO show on the training of these two guys for the fight, such a contrast in style. I wish i can see the fight but i don't want to pay for pay per view...
      I would go with De La Hoya. I remember a fight he had over in El Paso, TX years ago where he beat this French guy who could not take the heat (110F+). The French boxer threw about 200 punches and landed about 4. De La Hoya, threw less than a handful and I believe landed every one... eventually knocking the dude out! PPV is a rip off. Go somewhere local that's paid for it and buy a drink... it's cheaper.

Vim

shyrunner07

i'm picking the local boy, Floyd.... i'm hooked on the HBO show too- looking forward to the big fight! Go mayweather!!!
          I like De la Hoya, but I believe Mayweather will win. Wouldn't want to beat on it though.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

PPV is a rip off. Go somewhere local that's paid for it and buy a drink... it's cheaper.
            I finally have digital cable and a very nice TV, and I'm so very tempted to buy the PPV for this fight. I remember as a kid I once rented a hotel room just for the HBO service, so I could watch a Tyson fight. But it is indeed pretty pricey. Rooting for De La Hoya ... but yeah, it'll probably be Mayweather. In a decision.
            E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
            -----------------------------

Princess Cancer Pants

i'm picking the local boy, Floyd....
              Yep, go Floyd! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Prophet!

PPV is a rip off. Go somewhere local that's paid for it and buy a drink... it's cheaper.
                the only problem is i'll probably end up drinking lots and it might actually end up being more expensive Smile . I'm really impressed on the intensity and the focus of these two fighters in their training, i guess that's why they are as good as they are.
                shyrunner07

I'm really impressed on the intensity and the focus of these two fighters in their training, i guess that's why they are as good as they are.
                  amen! floyd is fierce with his training! he needs to make a workout dvd of his regimine...
                    , it'll probably be Mayweather. In a decision.
                    I'm good. Almost said split decision. Now I'm just glad I didn't pay for the fight. Didn't sound very exciting.
                    E-mail: JakeKnight2002@aol.com
                    -----------------------------

It was ok, but then again I was a bit drunk and it was 5.30am. Kinda thought de la Hoya deserved it though.