Attention: Muzino wearers with wide feet (Read 570 times)

I went in the shoe store on Thursday to buy me 1000th pair of Wave Riders, 8.5 Wide. Imagine my shock to learn that Muzino is getting out of manufacturing wide shoes! I've ordered as many as I can get from local rep. Oh, I fear for my poor bunions once I burn through these pairs.
    Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
      I wear Mizuno's, look at Sauconys. They have wide toeboxes.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wear Mizuno's, look at Sauconys. They have wide toeboxes.
        And NB (they make pretty much every model in at least 3 widths...some as many as 5). I have a pair of Inspire 4s in wides...nice fit, but too stiff a shoe for me. Nike and Asics are still making *some* wide models, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

If you like the Wave Riders and want shoes that either run wide or come in the extra widths, you can look at the Dyad from Brooks or the Fortitude from Asics. Those ought to have the same general shape you're looking for, and they're both neutral shoes like the Riders.
          easytarget

mizuno is dead to me going on about a year to a year and a half ago they start widening the toe box, no idea why, perhaps it was in anticipation of doing away with wide as an option at the time i complained that they should introduce narrow as an option if they were going to start widening the toe box it comes as no surpise they decided instead to get rid of what size variance they did have i bought countless pairs over the years, so needless to say i'm disappointed at the direction this company has taken with thier running shoe line until someone who runs this portion of their business is in charge who doesn't have thier head up their ass, i'm moving on, and in fact, i've moved on anyone interested in creations replacment, at least one option to consider that certainly worked for me is Brooks GTS's, which are not only more cushioned, lighter, cost less AND come in narrow (and i believe wide, but could be wrong, i'm not in the market for shoes headed that direction) sounds like a company listening to the runners that buy their products, at least based on the shoes they are putting out, unlike mizuno
            milkbaby

I love the Wave Riders. Second the recommendation on Sauconys as they seem to have a wide toebox -- I had pretty decent training in the Saucony Trigon Ride which is now called the ProGrid Ride. Also the New Balance shoe that is built on the SL-2 last is kinda similaras well, I think it's the 882. I didn't run in the NB shoes, but I did like them running around the store just not as much as the Sauconys...
              "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura