Calling all Garmin 305 users... (Read 870 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Just got mine today, and I'm in awe of all the bells and whistles on this thing! On my 201, I basically just used the timer, pace, and mileage...but the 305 is unbelievable. Just wanted to take a poll: - What functions do you use most? - What data fields do you prefer in your pages? - Do you use the HR monitor? If so, how often? Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Along for the Ride

- What functions do you use most? 1.) Just the main plain setup where I see the distance, pace, heartrate and time. i have the lap feature set and every mile is a lap and gives me the average pace and heartrate. 2) The advanced training features. I started to program intervals in the software (training center) and then downloading them onto my Garmin. (i.e. warm up 1 miles, run 4x1600 @ 8:16 w/ 800 jogs between) 3) The quick training features (distance and time) - What data fields do you prefer in your pages? See above - time, distance, pace and heartrate - Do you use the HR monitor? If so, how often? Nearly 90% of my runs. Not always in races.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

functions: auto lap, auto pause fields: stopwatch - distance - pace - HR I use the HR monitor most of the time normally just check total distance during run I like to see the other stuff after I get home Smile I have yet to use lap buddy or nav features - those are the next 2 things I would like to learn how to use

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

On first screen I have: 1. Stopwatch (large display) 2. Pace 3. HR Second Screen: 1. Distance (large) 2. Average Pace (will put HR here if using strap) 3. Current Lap Pace 3rd screen: Set up like a wristwatch, used for pre-race 1. Time of day 2. date 3. something During runs I usually keep the 2nd screen (Distance) on top, and only toggle to screen 1 when finished to see my total time. It's pace and distance I'm more concerned about while running. I don't use the HRM every time - hardly ever, of late. I should, but I get frustrated with how slow it makes me go on the hills, if I am to maintain a certain HR.

2008 Philly Trifecta

Thanks for the imput everyone! I set out this am, ad realized I did not have the HR on a screen... Blush For what I want to use it for, I set the displays up similar to Urbansix's, and will manually scroll rather than automatic like it was today... Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
            2008 Philly Trifecta:
            10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
            Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
            Philly Marathon-11/23
            "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

If you run in an area with tree, buildings, mountains or other features that may interfere with the GPS signal, its a good idea to put GPS Accuracy on one of your easily accessible screens. That way you can always make a quick check that you still have a good signal lock and are getting good data from the watch. If not, you know that you should stop and allow the watch to re-acquire the signal, otherwise the distance and pace data you are getting will be off.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

1. Time Run 2. Pace (Is there a cumulative/average pace?) 3. Distance (Must be dreaming) 4. SMS text message window 5. MP3 title 6. Caller ID

Vim

I like the autolap (1 maile), which is great when you transfer the data to MB distance, time, elevation, time of day I ratrely use the heart rate monitor. will try to use on on my speed/hill wokroputs more in the future.
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                    Pretty soon I'll know what you're all talking about...just as soon as I get my new Garmin set up! Big grin Big grin Big grin

Michelle