Brooks shoes (Read 1173 times)

Typically how many miles can you get out of Brooks? I'm at the 300 mile mark and I've been getting some tightness in my shins. I don't know if Brooks just don't last as long or if it's the fact that I've just now about 3 weeks in to a regular running schedule again and I'm just adjusting. This is my first pair of Brooks. I've had Mizunos in the past and I typically got over 400 miles out of them. New shoes aren't in the budget until after we see what the damage is from an upcoming orthodontist appointment for my oldest.
    xor

Everybody, and I mean everybody, is different. Me? I only get 300 out of my mizuno alchemys. However, I can get 400-500 out of Brooks Adrenaline and Trance. I know others who stop at 300, and a few folks who get to 1000. Anyway, knee pain is definitely the signal to me that my shoes are done. I dunno about shin pain, but perhaps. Try a different shoe and see if the pain persists.

I'm on my 6th pair of Adrenalines, and I typically get about 300-350 out of the 6's. This time I went with the 8's, so we'll see. I'd rather buy new shoes than risk waiting until I have pains, so I could probably get more mileage out of them if I had to. I have seen people post that they get 500+ out of the same shoe, so as always, you'll just have to decide when you think yours are done. So, to answer your question, probably somewhere between 250 and 800, give or take.

Old, Slow, Happy

I go 500 in my Beasts. FYI: I'm getting PT for my knee. My therapist said, "If it's a Brooks, I know it's a good shoe."
            I got 350 from a pair of Adrenalines but when they were done they let me know it for sure. If you are starting to have some issues you should at least get somebody that knows running shoes to look at them. If it were me I would just go buy a new pair of shoes and see if they make a difference. Of course, if you buy a different shoe you might have some pains initially.
            Sam Edmond, Oklahoma 2009 Goals: 1. 1/2 Marathon (DONE Jan 2) 2. Hike to the top of Horn Peak, CO (13,450 ft) in July 3. Run a full marathon by the end of 2009 4. Keep running and no significant injuries 5. Run at least 1500 miles for the year 6. Play more golf with a stroke average in the 70's
              I've had the Beast, Adrenaline 7, and now I'm in the Adrenaline ARS (trail/road version of the Adrenaline.) I generally get about 400-425 miles out of them. Lioke others have said, when it's time to go, they really let me know (shins for me.)

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Chrisnerb

I've been replacing my Adrenalines after about 400 miles for the past year and can feel an improvement with each new pair at that mark.

2009 Goals: PR's in 5k, 10k, HM, marathon

I have been getting at least 400 out of my Glycerines. The last pair was at 450.

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

I have been getting at least 400 out of my Glycerines. The last pair was at 450.
                    Don't put your glycerins next to the nitros. And if you do, don't shake them.

Don't put your glycerins next to the nitros. And if you do, don't shake them.
                      Big grin

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I cant afford to buy running shoes every 300 miles....so I HAVE to get 500 out of them....I have one pair of Brooks with 200+ mile and they are going strong -- dont even show that much wear just yet so I expect to get my 500 from them.....as a side note, I have a pair of NB1224 with 530 Miles (I think) and they are a little worn but not dead yet.... I go fo the gusto on Running Shoes and always try to get over 500 miles from any pair.....It seems that Asics start to feel flat around 300 or so......the other brands seem to work for me..

Champions are made when no one is watching

I cant afford to buy running shoes every 300 miles....so I HAVE to get 500 out of them.
                          I can't afford to have my knees jacked up, so I just constantly look for deals. If you aren't dead set on having the current model, you can just search on ebay or the common sites mentioned on here (runningwarehouse.com has adrenaline gts 8's for 59 bucks right now, free shipping.) I've found older models on ebay for as low as 30 bucks before, still new in the box. I haven't paid full retail for a pair of Brooks since my first pair. Since I know they work for me, I'm not as worried about return policy, etc.
                            I alternate between GTS and ASR's and generally shop for low prices and get new pairs of each a few months before I actually need them. I'll get around 400 miles out of the GTS's and maybe a little more out of the trail shoes. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

After having to retire my last pair of Adidas at KM 500, I decided to change to Brooks and it was a change for the good. On my first pair (Adrenaline 7) I did 1200 km (probably about 100 km too many, but anyway), on my second (Adrenaline 8) I'm at 600 km and will probably do 200 km, and today I bought a bright new pair of Adrenaline 9, it feels sooo good Big grin I really like them, tight at the ankle but lots of cushioning. Regards from Belgium

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

Old Running Guy!

I always get 500+ miles out of Adrenalines. Last year I had 4 pairs of 7's and this week I have just gone into my first pair of 8's. I always wear a pair of SUPERFEET insoles as well so maybe this gives me the extra mileage. www.zbsports.com seems to me to be the cheapest place for shoes plus, once you are on their email list they have a 10% coupon every month. I just bought 2 pair of GTS 8 for $53 each. Smile

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
                                Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run