Getting back into it-need help! (Read 35 times)

Ctalbot6983

Hey all,

I was an avid runner about 1 and half years ago, and was running a 10k about 5 days a week. However, life changed alittle for me, and I stopped, and put on weight. I’m now overweight but have slowly gotten back into running over the last few months. However, I am constantly hurting my calf muscles, sometimes 1 leg, sometimes both. Today, I was about 1.3 miles into my jog, and I had to

Stop when I felt one of my calves start to hurt, I walked home, and my other calf flared up. I do some stretching before I run and I haven’t had this issue when I was running hard previously. This same injury keeps occurring and I have no idea what I’m doing wrong or how to stop it.  It’s driving me crazy!  Does anyone have any solid info for me?  Thanks so much for reading!!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Are you running at the same intensity/effort that you were eighteen months ago? You have to start where you are now.  How many days per week and what sort of mileage are you running now? It could be too much too soon.

And replace your shoes, especially if you don't know how much mileage you have on them.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.