March '08...how was your month? (Read 954 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mine was pretty awesome, all things considered. I just realized that I have finished my highest mileage month yet. April should yield even more miles with training for a 25k in May. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow Kirsten, nice March! Your mileage is amazing! I bet you are happy the snow/slush/ice bars are no more! My March was also good! Most miles since last August, and injury free. My goal this year is to run over a thousand miles in the year (or more)--something I have not previously been able to do (despite training for 2 marathons) due to injury. I think I just might have this running thing figured out-but don't quote me on that yet! Wink
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow Kirsten, nice March! Your mileage is amazing! I bet you are happy the snow/slush/ice bars are no more! My March was also good! Most miles since last August, and injury free. My goal this year is to run over a thousand miles in the year (or more)--something I have not previously been able to do (despite training for 2 marathons) due to injury. I think I just might have this running thing figured out-but don't quote me on that yet! Wink
        Thanks--Aug. was my last longest month, too! Smile Beat those injuries and kick that pace bunny as you pass him! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

It was the best month this year, which doesn't say much for it. I did complete my first race of 2008 (10K) and ran over 100 miles. So I'm headed in the right direction. I have a strange pain in my right side, under the rib cage. Never had a pain like that before. Wonder what it could be.
          I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          jeffdonahue

March was a good month for me. I didnt run my highest month mileage-wise(though it was close) but I did get two PRs (one in the 5K at 20:54, and one in the Half Marathon at 1:39:25) so I would call it a success. HOpefully April will be the month of the 5K PR once again as I am hoping to break that 20 minute barrier with a nice flat course wiht no wind at the end of the month.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, nice work, Jeff. I have a PR to claim, too--and my first time placing in my AG (mostly due to luck...for a change my AG was really slow, so I was relatively "fast").

~ Sarah Kay

March was pretty good for me too. 94.1 miles so far and I'll probably run tomorrow. Should be my highest mileage month yet. Also set a 5K PR of 21:38, really happy about that. Smile Nice job everyone.

Kings Canyon NP 07'

I kept on target. My run mileage is staying flat Low 60's. - (maintenance months, now it is time to start the increase for San Jose Internaitonal Tri in June, SF Marathon August and Chicago). My bike and swim miles have increased dramamtically. Partially from a running burnout coming after California Int'l Marathon in December, and also to increase my overall level of fitness beyond having really strong legs! I ran 12 today with hills and felt the benefits of cross training the past 4 months. Strong core. Swimming does wonders I have learned. Good job to everyone. I noticed handfuls of newbies out today, keep it up.

left-right-left-right-repeat

The Greatest of All Time

Great month Zoomie!!! Mine was ok, about as good as could be expected.
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

A Saucy Wench

Mine was pretty bi-polar I started it with a PR. Big grin I had expected to lose 1 week for our ski trip so bumped my mileage goal from 135 to 120 Sad, was sick for the first week Angry, and still skied a week and made my original mileage goal of 135 Smile and somehow without planning it had my 2nd highest ever mileage week Big grin Most of my runs were sluggish because of my inconsistant training Sadand I didnt do the speed work I planned because I dont do speedwork when I am being this sporadic. Angry All in all I am ready for march to be done and proud that despite everything I still got out there when I could and didnt use excuses to miss more than necessary. MTA: I thought it was my highest mileage week ever, but my chart says I did a mile or so more last August. Blush

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

SMART Approach

Pretty decent for me. I think if I am smart, my hamstring issues are behind me. I did a 5K yesterday with no issues. I am a little bit more than a minute slower than my PR which at this point I am happy with considering 9 months of tendonitis. I am slowly increasing my miles and Green Bay Half Marathon is still on. I am also getting pretty darn lean. Cutting off all candy and treats (other than Sunday) has made a huge difference. Also, picked up a client January 2 who I am coaching who ran a 5K PR last week. His first PR at this distance in 7 years. His times the last 2 years have regressed. Just gave him program with smarter training principles. I slowed him down (less pure speed work) and he PRs. Hmmm. He is spreading the word to all his running buddies locally and sent me a generous gift certificate. Makes me feel pretty good. Not sure if I need the extra attention though. I like to stay low key now that I am out the fitness industry but still have a lot of contacts.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

A good month Zoomie, my highest mileage month was March as well. It looks like it will be for awhile as well. In a couple of weeks I'm going to start a marathon pretraining schedule and even the 20 week marathon schedule goes on alot less mileage.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

WTG Kirsten!!!! A HELL OF ALOT BETTER than last month!!!!!! Got two nice solid 20 milers in. Finished feeling so much stronger and more prepared for my marathon than I expected to!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

So far my whole year has been pretty blah. I peaked last October with 132 miles and its been all down hill since then. I just need to get outside on a consistent basis and I'll be fine, maybe I should always go out at the same time everyday. Anything to be more consistent.
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

I had a wonderful month, considering how bad the weather was. My highest mileage ever - should be over 113 miles after tomorrow's run. Also did my longest run ever, 8.6 miles. I'm going for 30 miles this week.