...but it's a wet heat !! (Read 951 times)

De-slacking in progress

Never hear anyone say that.... 93 degreees and 150% humidity today- sorry but this newbie isn't that dedicated to get out there and run. No HTFU for me today. The cold front hopefully moves in tonight

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes...the Upper Midwest really sucks right now. It feels like trying to breathe Jello. It's not even very warm here, but the humidity is insane.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Queen of 3rd Place

OK, you guys sure have me beat. I'm about to go out in 97F heat (it's 6:30 pm!) but the humidity is only 8%. I'd better stop whining and HTFU! Arla

Ex runner

I prefer that to -20c, with wind and a snow and ice surface, ANYTIME. Well unless we break 100 than I might have to think about it. Maybe then I could recruit the kids to follow me on bikes, arm them with Spray bottles of ice water, anything to keep the streak alive Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

evtish

Just got back from my 9 PM run. 80 and 75% humidity. Heat wave is supposed to break on Wed.
              I just got back from my run and thought it felt amazing - the humidity was 'only' 48%! Usually it's much higher. It is like zoom says - like breathing through jello.
              -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
              MikeB-BoR

10.2 mile run tonight, 92 degrees, 82% humidity. That was at about 7:00 PM. Gotta love Alabama! Mike

Goals :
                •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

De-slacking in progress

10.2 mile run tonight, 92 degrees, 82% humidity. That was at about 7:00 PM. Gotta love Alabama! Mike
                  geez- I kind of feel ashamed for not going out now...... uh- no I don't...

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How do you breathe...seriously? That kind of heat with that kind of humidity and my lungs would seize up.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MikeB-BoR

Well, I have to run here for the military training I am in. I really only need to run about a 5K, but I want to run my first HM in July when I get back to South Dakota, so I just HTFU Smile Mike

Goals :
                      •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

Hey! I went out today too - in NJ. when I started the car up, my therm on the dashboard read 103 Shocked I'm not one to do well in humidity, but I still went and actually, it was "ONLY" 98 when I got into the park I was running at. I don't think Ive ever run in this kind of crap yet, so i made sure i stayed on the entrance roads so at least a park ranger would find my passed out body, and under the shade of trees as often as possible. I actually had a pretty good run considering it was definitely like jello i'm actually quite proud of myself Cool
                          I've been running through a shady residential area where they all have sprinkler systems.
                            Welcome to my world. I run at five am, just to keep running in the summer. Its still 80 degrees, and 90% humidity, at that time. Only way i can get in my training for the San Francisco Marathon in August.
                            Rundadrun27

By the time I go for my run after work, at 4:00 PM, the temperature should be around 64 degrees and the humidity should be around 80%.

Double IPA Please!

I'm getting ready to go out at 10am- the only time I can today.. Dead 90 and 49% humidity. Thankfully it is only 5miles- it will be a crawl Im sure.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)