Some getting to know you questions because I'm shamefully nosey! (Read 1403 times)

Baby bean!

I'm sure this has been done before, so I apologize if you've answered these questions a million times before! How old were you when you started running? What was your prior experience? What made you get into it? What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? How long has it been since you started? What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Big grin

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Scout7

How old were you when you started running? 16 maybe. What was your prior experience? Prior to what? What made you get into it? The XC coach asked me to join the team. What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? None How long has it been since you started? Many years. What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Don't have one.

Menace to Sobriety

I'm sure this has been done before, so I apologize if you've answered these questions a million times before! How old were you when you started running? 1st time (3), 2nd time(12ish), this time, 42 What was your prior experience? HS basketball and track What made you get into it? 1st 2 times: chicks, being chased, then chasing, 3rd time: high blood pressure (2 teen daughters, so technically, still chicks) What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? My own: I ran til I got tired then I walked, gradually the running got more and the walking less How long has it been since you started? 8 years and counting for the last time, with one minor interruption(see profile) What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Try for 35 or so miles/week maybe get back close to 45-50 when it cools down a bit. Big grin

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I'm sure this has been done before, so I apologize if you've answered these questions a million times before! How old were you when you started running? What was your prior experience? What made you get into it? What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? How long has it been since you started? What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Big grin
          Wow, you condensed 6 potential threads into just one. Ooops a teacher, I understand now Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Giants Fan

How old were you when you started running? 18 What was your prior experience? None What made you get into it? I needed to lose the freshman 15 I had gained due to pizza and beer! What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? None, I couldn't even run that far when I started anyway! How long has it been since you started? 18 years. wow, that just made me feel really old and still really slow. But I didn't start racing or entering races until 2 years ago. What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Now about 40-50. Changes depends on what I'm training for or if I'm training.

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

How old were you when you started running? 14 What was your prior experience? None What made you get into it? Someone asked me to run a local 12k with them What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? No specific training program, but I have 20 years of competitive cycling and running experience I base my training on now. How long has it been since you started? 22 years What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? Varies a lot. Easy weeks: 10 hours Hard weeks: up to 30 hours

Half Fanatic #846

I'm sure this has been done before, so I apologize if you've answered these questions a million times before! How old were you when you started running? 58 What was your prior experience? none What made you get into it? health and fun What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? made my own from several programs How long has it been since you started? 4 years What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? current 35 mpw/goal 50 mpw Big grin

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

zzz

How old were you when you started running? 35 What was your prior experience? HS track team - wasn't very good.. was a hurdler with very short legs...no distance running What made you get into it? Lose weight and I just wanted to. What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? C25K How long has it been since you started? 5 weeks What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? First to finish the C25K and then I'd like to get up to 40-50 miles a week
                    How old were you when you started running? 1st time - around 10 years old 2nd time - around 30 years old What was your prior experience? Seasons of XC and indoor & spring track What made you get into it? 1st time - because I liked running and friends told me to do it 2nd time - because friends told me to do it, and I wanted to see if I still could What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? I don't use any Blush How long has it been since you started? I got back into running in 2003, but didn't have any sort of a schedule until 2007 What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? 35-40 per week

Michelle

How old were you when you started running? 24 What was your prior experience? Running for two weeks before soccer season every year. What made you get into it? A freind said 'hey Craig, want to run a half marathon?' So I said 'Sure!, when is it'.... 'five weeks'..... 'okay' bright, eh? What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? short run, long run, short run, day off, repeat. How long has it been since you started? Almost 4 years What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? I don't really have one. 60km a week is a nice round number, but if I do less it's fine if it's because of doing other training.
                      vengeancewins

I'm sure this has been done before, so I apologize if you've answered these questions a million times before! How old were you when you started running? 15 What was your prior experience? A lot of years of soccer What made you get into it? I ran a 5:30 mile during soccer practice Sophomore year without being conditioned. I ended up getting cut from the soccer team, but I figure it was because of the mile (I was good enough to be on the team). I don't regret it now, though! What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? I've stayed in shape How long has it been since you started? 2 years What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? I'm at 50 mpw right now and expect to hit 70 for the first week of school. Big grin

Another Passion

How old were you when you started running? 38 What was your prior experience? None to speak of What made you get into it? Fitness/lose weight/cholesterol/start drinking again What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? The "Get on the treadmill and jog as long as you could till you either felt like your heart would burst, your lungs would rupture, or your legs were going to fall off, than walk for a while and start all over again until you're eventually running outdoors in snowstorms or on 90+ degree and humidity days and training for and running your first marathon at age 41" program. Big grin How long has it been since you started? 41 - 38 = (I'm not good at math) What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? I'll take any I can get right now. No goals though... will be determined by 1. what my body will allow me and 2. if I am training for a particular race in the future.

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

De-slacking in progress

How old were you when you started running? 46 What was your prior experience? sitting on the couch for entire adult life What made you get into it?rehab from shoulder surgery, lost 40# on treadmill then started moving faster What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it?C25K How long has it been since you started?April 2008 What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal?20-30mpw right now- short term goal 10k and 1/2 Marathon Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

I think about 2. Before running, I could walk, before that I crawled, and before that people carried me. It was faster than walking. The summer of mikey. 36 years, give or take. 70/300, this week/month.

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

How old were you when you started running? Early 20s. What was your prior experience? I had none. I was just starting. What made you get into it? Help with weight loss and just get in shape. What training or program did you use, if any, to get back into it? None. How long has it been since you started? It's been over 20 years, off and on. What's your weekly/monthly mileage goal? ~35/160 consistently, with more during racing seasons.

Not at it at all.