Max Heart Rate (Read 850 times)

Last night I entered a Max HR for a workout as 233 but it looks like it will not accept a value higher than 220. Is this true or do I have something setup wrong? THANKS!!

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice

Marquess of Utopia

Last night I entered a Max HR for a workout as 233
      Did you use a heart rate monitor? How do you know your heart rate went up to 233?
        Yes I do use a HRM. It is a cheap one(Bike Nashbar) and I am not sure how accurate it is, but for the most part it seems to work fine.

Did you use a heart rate monitor? How do you know your heart rate went up to 233?
          I've only used my new heart rate monitor 3 times since I bought it and all 3 were easy runs, but when I was younger and used a heart rate monitor I could easily get my heart rate into the 230s. This was 10 or 12 years ago now. Probably in mid-December I'll do an MHR workout to see where I currently stand. I'd say that a 233 is possible, if not probable. Doesn't mean that Eric doesn't have it limited to a max of 220 though.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

On several other occasians I thought I had entered a value higher than 220 and it defaulted to 220. I like to use my HRM to make sure I am not overtraing. My recovery heart rate helps me.

Marquess of Utopia

I believe it's possible, but at his age is it healthy for it to be that high? Your heart rate should slow down as you get older. cphase have you had a physical lately? For example; if your max heart rate was 235 when you were 15, it should be around 205 at the age of 45. Here is a discussion on Max Heart Rate: http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-123985.html - Your monitor could be susceptible to interference
                Yes I have had a physical lately, but my heart rate was not checked. It is possible the HRM is not working properly all the time, haven't checked it against a known good HRM.

eric :)

Hi guys, I set the arbitrary limit at 220 when I first created the log but obviously, there are folks that will exceed that limit. I've added this to my bug list and will change it with the new log. eric Smile
                    Thanks Eric, I was mainly just curious. I don't think my HR is actually that high, cheap meter may not be reading correct. Keep up the great work!!!