I NEED to do a race! (Read 841 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate looking at my summary graph and seeing no red bars. Ever since my first race back in late June there was almost always at least one red bar on my graph. Almost 2 weeks ago my last red bar dropped-off, and it was the one I was the most proud of (my first HM). So there's a 6 mile race at 11AM on NYD. I am REALLY tempted to do it. It's only about 20 minutes away and is described as "challenging." There is one WICKED hill on the course, but I don't really mind hills (backroadrunner's mantra: "hills are my friend, hills make me stronger, hills make me faster, hills are my friend..."). I think I might register. It would be cool to do a race not at the butt-crack of dawn, as well as one that doesn't involve at least an hour of driving to get there and back. And 6 miles would be a wonderful length...enough time for me to get my easy first couple of miles in and then cruise along and have a sprint left for the finish. Eryn, you up for it? Sure would be nice to have an imminent goal to keep me motivated to train hard and eat carefully through the holidays! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Go for it, Kirsten! I just signed up for a NYD run, too, but mine although the same distance is less challenging than yours. Robin

Robin

bas

First the bars are too fat, now the color is wrong... Wink But yes, do it! Absolutely! Is there a better way to spend new year's day? bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, sounds like my wardrobe...too fat, wrong color! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Did you register??
              2009: BQ?

Now that was a bath...

Ha, sounds like my wardrobe...too fat, wrong color! Tongue k
                Sounds like my husband. I wanna know if you signed up too. What a cool way to start off the 100 mile club. I say go for it honey. Claire xxx
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't registered, yet, but I am still really considering it. I've had a weird sore calf issue that I hope will be a thing of the past after taking the last 2 days off (reared its head after my runs on slippery, snowy stuff last week, so I think maybe the awkward form and unstable terrain made me strain a muscle a bit). It's still over 2 weeks until the race, so I will play it by ear and register closer to the date. Right now we have no NYE plans, so it's not like I would be running hungover (and the thought of a race starting at the crack of 11am is heavenly!). Heck, maybe I will be at an advantage come race day! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

i felt the need to do another race, too, so i regiestered for a NYD run in nashville. it will be the first run i've done without ANY of my friends running with me!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Xetark, what time is your race? Maybe if the races are at the same time we can pretend that we are running the same race together! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Like you Kirsten I'm feeling like I need to do another race. I think I"m going to try and find a nice NYD race!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I hate looking at my summary graph and seeing no red bars. Big grin k
                          I solved this problem: I changed my colors around so in my log so now "thought about running but didnt get out the door. 30 mins." shows up as red. Now I have lots and lots of red bars! Tongue
                          bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I solved this problem: I changed my colors around so in my log so now "thought about running but didnt get out the door. 30 mins." shows up as red. Now I have lots and lots of red bars! Tongue
                              Oh, that totally rocks! I should do that, too! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Oh, that totally rocks! I should do that, too! Big grin k
                                So I was actually kidding, but glad I could solve your problem. Cool