First big milestone! (Read 862 times)

Moondog

Ran 5 miles today for the first time! Been running for about 8 weeks now. I did it in 44 minutes. This is the first time I actually timed myself. Not that I was trying to beat a certain time but I was just curious how I was going to do. I'm just glad I was able to do it without stopping. Never ever EVER thought I could run 5 miles.
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Moondog ... great news ... that is a real achievement and you should be very proud! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Good job, Moondog. 5 miles is a big accomplishment. WAY TO GO! Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

That's awesome, Moondog! I agree with the others, 5 miles is a big accomplishment - keep on running!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Ran 5 miles today for the first time! Been running for about 8 weeks now. I did it in 44 minutes. This is the first time I actually timed myself. Not that I was trying to beat a certain time but I was just curious how I was going to do. I'm just glad I was able to do it without stopping. Never ever EVER thought I could run 5 miles.
            Great job dude! For not having run much... I'd say that's pretty awesome!

Vim

Imminent Catastrophe

OK, try this: 1. Find a tall object 2. Go 5 miles away 3. Look back at your object and realize... 5 miles is a LONG way! Nice job!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

New Runner

Congrats Smile You're doing better than me. I've been running for 3mos and I still haven't gone 5mi yet.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice job, Moondog! I've been running for over 1.5 years and still can't run 5 miles that fast at race pace! Good work! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Excellent Moondog! I remember when I first started running. Long story that I won't go in to but I know what you're feeling. Enjoy the success, don't be concerned with the time, and think of it as a huge step in the right direction.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Nice job! Always celebrate your milestones!
                        WOOT! Moondog, great accomplishment! Smile
                          Quite a good feeling, isn't it? Congrats! Big grin
                          "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                            Congratulations! And in just 8 weeks, that's wonderful! Smile

Michelle

Another Passion

Something to be proud of Moondog! Keep the milestones a comin'! Wink

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great job Moondog!

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice