Why is diet Coke addicting? (Read 2157 times)

When I was aprx 17, my dad caught me drinking beer. With about 6-7 empty cans at my feet, I exclaimed: "I'm not trying to get drunk dad. I just like the taste." "Son, I like Diet Coke, but I don't sit in a chair and drink 7 cans". I had no response then. Maybe I finally have a comeback yrs later.
    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
    Doobry

When I was aprx 17, my dad caught me drinking beer. With about 6-7 empty cans at my feet, I exclaimed: "I'm not trying to get drunk dad. I just like the taste." "Son, I like Diet Coke, but I don't sit in a chair and drink 7 cans"
      similar tale to tell. when i was 13, my dad caught me masturbating out of my bedroom window whilst my pants were round my ankles. i struggled with a response tbh, & he too, was stuck for words. 24 years later & things still remain a tad frosty between us... anyhows, the real reason why peeps like Diet Coke so much (Tongue): & Happiest of New Years to y'all Big grin you bunch of furry bipeds in perpetual motion, you Smile x

Religion is just a contest to see who's got the best imaginary friend.

A Saucy Wench

It's the cocaine, man..
        We had a discussion a few years back on another board I was on about why McDonalds diet coke tasted better than everyone elses. There were a significant number of us who felt that way. Our theory was that McD had enough sway that a little coke was left in their processed coca plant. They still use coca leaf in coke, but it has been de-cocained. But wouldnt it be a nice conspiracy theory that McD pays off the ONE company in the US who is allowed to import coca legally to NOT de coke theirs?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trigirl

This is such an interesting topic...I too am addicted to most diet soft drinks although I find myself always coming back to Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke. The part I can't understand is that I drink the caffeine free versions so it's not like I'm addicted to the caffeine. Maybe part of it for me is drinking a substance that is more filling and has more 'life' to it than water yet without the high sugar and calories of fruit juice. I try to drink sugar free crystals (ie/ Crystal Light etc) but again, always find myself craving carbonated diet colas.....do I feel a New Years Resolution coming on??? lol....

2010 results: Muskoka long course: 2km-55km-15km- 1st in age group (qualified for Ironman Canada), 4th female amateur overall; Smith Falls triathlon- first female overall; 5 km Canada Day running race- 20:42 (fourth female overall). My first pure running race! Quinte triathlon 1.5-40km-10km Second female overall; Ktown triathlon -first female overall (2km-55km-15km) Mt Forest triathlon (500-20km-5km) 1st female overall; Brockville triathlon (750-20-5km) 1st place female overall

2011 results: (Racing with Piriformis syndrome-ouch)  Sydenham Triathlon- 1st female overall; Peterborough Triathlon-4th female (out of 185)and 1st in age group.....

Imminent Catastrophe

anyhows, the real reason why peeps like Diet Coke so much (Tongue): & Happiest of New Years to y'all Big grin you bunch of furry bipeds in perpetual motion, you Smile x
            Sarah Jessica Parker... Well, now you're going to get SRLopez in on this thread...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jazz hands!

similar tale to tell. when i was 13, my dad caught me masturbating out of my bedroom window whilst my pants were round my ankles. i struggled with a response tbh, & he too, was stuck for words. 24 years later & things still remain a tad frosty between us...
              Wait, this is totally unclear. Did he see you through the window, or were you actually masturbating out the window?
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run

skinnycaponesugar

I think Diet coke isn't more addictive than any of the other caffeine/sugar loaded drinks. We like it because we think we can drink lots of it without getting fat, so it is OK. I was into it in my early twenties, when it was readily available and free at work. I was having about 4 a day. Then one day I traced my flashing headaches back to my habit. I have had very little of it in the last ten years, still I prefer it over any other carbonated, nutritionless, slightly-bad-for-you drink Tongue MTA: Now you may continue with the direction this thread was heading into....

Love, Run, Sleep

xor

Sarah Jessica Parker... Well, now you're going to get SRLopez in on this thread...
                  I was already here and gone. But I'm back to say: full size shrunken head.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was already here and gone. But I'm back to say: full size shrunken head.
                    Do any guys really think she's hot? I look at her and all I see is tranny. Actually, she's not even hot enough to be a good dude in drag. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Do any guys really think she's hot? I look at her and all I see is tranny. Actually, she's not even hot enough to be a good dude in drag. Tongue
                      It really depends on the interview or picture. Sometimes she has a sexiness to her and other times she just looks ugly. BUT, no one can deny that she has an incredible body. Maybe this skews my thought process. Confused

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I mentioned this in another thread, but one of my goals this year is to break my diet coke habit. This has not been easy for me. Normally 3 20 oz. bottles by 12:00. One at lunch and two more the 2nd half of the day. Dead I really think it is more than just the caffeine. I've tried other drinks with caffeine in them, but always crave diet coke / diet pepsi.

Menace to Sobriety

Everybody talks about it like it is. Is it? Why?
                          Advertising and product placement. MTA: Same for why people think SJP is attractive.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

Tranny for sure!
                            Ojo

I mentioned this in another thread, but one of my goals this year is to break my diet coke habit. This has not been easy for me. Normally 3 20 oz. bottles by 12:00. One at lunch and two more the 2nd half of the day. Dead I really think it is more than just the caffeine. I've tried other drinks with caffeine in them, but always crave diet coke / diet pepsi.
                              Wow! You actually drink more than I do! Perhaps we should form our own group to break the habit! Big grin

Sara

MM #2929

My brother insists that SJP and Dee Snyder (he of "Twisted Sister" fame) are the same person.