stupid me (Read 420 times)

My legs are killing me

I was up at 4:45 am this morning to do my long run. Made sure I had everything I needed. I put my Ipod and waterbelt on and, of course, strapped on my Garmin and I was ready to go. I get outside and it's 37 degrees, so it's cool and a great temp to run 20. I start off and I'm cold, especially my hands but I know soon enough I'll be warm. As my run progresses I notice that my left hand isn't getting warmer but it was getting colder and after mile 5 it was completely numb. Now I'm starting to get nervous thinking maybe I have a big problem going on. "Am I having heart problems?" is what I was thinking and here I was in the middle of a long path, with no one around, in the dark. I had my id braclet on so at least if someone found me I could be identified. Then it started to hurt. I kept shaking it hoping to get some relief but no dice. Finally, being the brain surgeon I am, as one last ditch effort before I have a heart attack I figure I'll loosen the strap on my Garmin and maybe that will help blood flow. After about 10 minutes everything was fine and my hand was finally warm. I think I was so focused on doing my first 20 miler this morning I never paid attention to a small detail like a tight strap. But what a relief to have a warm left hand.

A Saucy Wench

Big grin heh done that. That is one of the things I miss about my 301 - the velcro. My wrist/hands tend to swell after a couple miles and it was easy to adjust on the fly and get it just so. On the 205 I find 3 holes too tight and 4 holes too loose.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7