Nipple issues (Read 1187 times)

MikeB-BoR

Well, my first issue with raw nipples occured the other day. I've run plenty of runs up to 16 miles with no issues what so ever. I ran 8 miles the other day during a downpour. It was the first run longer than a couple miles that I've run in the rain. About 2 miles into it, I felt what seemed like someone had connected a 9v battery across my nipples. I thought my heart monitor was malfunctioning and shocking me! I reached up and moved it down but it still kept happening. Once I got home and took off my shirt, I saw the results of the run. The shower after was extremely painful. I wore band-aids on my 20 mile run today Smile I also went out and bought a bottle of sport shield. I never want that to happen again!

Goals :
    •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

Imminent Catastrophe

Ouch. Been there, done that. Sweatproof bandages, waterproof medical tape, or even duct tape will work. I started one marathon and realized I had forgotten to protect them, so ran shirtless rather than suffer the consequences. To anyone who saw me, I apologize.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

A Saucy Wench

If y'all would just man up and buy a sports bra there would be no more nipple problems. Of course there may be other problems. Wink

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

If y'all would just man up and buy a sports bra there would be no more nipple problems. Of course there may be other problems. Wink
          Is there enough padding! Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Menace to Sobriety

You mean a sports "bro" or a mansierre? Pratical solution for me was using the paper tape they use in the hospitals. I sticks enough to stay on but doesn't hurt too much when you pull it off, unless you're very hairy. You can get it a most drug stores, comes two rolls to a pack for about 3 or 4 bucks. One roll has lasted me for all year so far.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Imminent Catastrophe

Pratical solution for me was using the paper tape they use in the hospitals. I sticks enough to stay on but doesn't hurt too much when you pull it off, unless you're very hairy.
              Yeah, that's what I meant by "waterproof medical tape", it's really more of a nylon cloth than paper, but it sticks and works well. One brand to look for is 3M "durapore".

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Band-Aid brand Tough-Strips. Waterproof. Pure. Gold.
                JakeKnight

I'm blessed rarely to have to deal with this - except when its raining. Water always makes it worse, so plan accordingly. Enough sweat will do it sometimes, too. Or enough humidity. Easiest answer of all: run with your shirt off.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Corn pads. A little hard to remove at times but if you are a heavy sweater they will not come off (sometimes they can be painful to remove but still better than bloody nipples).
                      Body Glide applied liberally before a long run in the heat/rain seems to work for me. Lather it on and then lather even more on. I had an episode once where a woman stared at my white shirt in what could only be described as shock/horror. I had no idea what she was looking at until I got home. It was quite a mess.
                      2008 Goals Don't attack the guy that passes me like I'm standing still when I think I'm running fast...I can't catch him anyway and I'd just look silly
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I prefer the sports strips band aids. Easy on, easy off. Nip guards cost a lot and are kinda weird. Body glide ruins shirts. So does medical tape. Duct tape ruins nipples. Running with my shirt off makes people point and laugh. Cutting holes in my shirts over my nipples gets me arrested. Having your nipples surgically removed is expensive. Using your HRM strap will get you electrocuted. So sports strips for me.
                          Band aids don't work for me -- they come off with sweat ... I use waterproof medical tape [like a 4 inch strip]. To protect the nipple, I cut a 1 inch sq. piece of non-adhesive gauze and place directly on the nipple -- easy on and off -- no pain at all. For some more TMI -- I found that shaving off the hair helps it stick better -- you'll get some freaky looks at the beach unless you trim the whole chest, but it's better than the tobasco burn you get the first time you slather some sun screen onto raw nipples ... ouch! I hate when that happens.

2012= under-goaled

I use the little round Curad spots. They're for sensitive skin, so they aren't bad coming off, and they stay on me even though I sweat like a horse. My clothes can be literally dripping wet (I left a sweat trail on my way out of the Y this morning), but those little suckers are still stuck tight. They come in boxes of 50 too, so each one lasts about a month for me.
                            Brandon

#artbydmcbride

I agree with JakeKnight, clearly nipple chafing is proof God wants men to run topless!

Runners run

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

They come in boxes of 50 too, so each one lasts about a month for me.
                                odorifous Shocked

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/