CR Runners: Show Yourselves!! (Read 1993 times)

lizard of LOL

Hi! I'm new to RA, still posting as a newbie on CR. Will keep up with CR as long as my C25K group hangs tough. They are great. We'll see what happens! I DO like this site, very easy to use. I've updated my profile here, no running log yet -- on Week 6 and LOVING it. Glad to be here, lizard
      G'day guys - I too have jumped ship from CR. I started running in May 05 and ran my first marathon in October 06. 07 has been a busy year for me for career reasons but I am hoping to do my second one in May 08. I was a poster initially at RW but eventually found the forums too bitchy and got off the subject of running quite a bit so in 07 I made CR my new home. I sat in the bar drinking until the ship went down - however I seemed to have been saved by RH so fingers crossed this looks like a good, supportive site so far. Apart from my second marathon I have some run off road races in mind, but also recently purchased a new road bike and Santa rocked (as usual!) and gave me a triathlon wetsuit - so tri's and a long distnace road race will also be on the agenda in 08... apart from running, cycling & open water swimming I enjoy doing 2-5 days hikes, drinking wine, playing tennis at the local club and if I have the time - surfing and riding my motorbike. Rock on 08!
      free happiness with every moment!
        I'm also a transfer from CR, although I lurked more that I posted there. Nothing in my log yet, as I never used the log on CR, so there was nothing to transfer. I have a spreadsheet that I've been using instead. However, I think I'll start logging here at the first of the year. Eric has set up a great log that seems to have most of what I was logging in my running spreadsheet, plus cross training, which I have not been logging to this point. I'm currently training for my first half marathon, which will be on 2/9/08 if all goes well. I was training for one before, but was sidelined by a stress fracture, so I'm taking things a day a t a time, and if anything starts to hurt, I'll back off this time before it becomes serious. Looking forward to getting to know my new community members!

Gotta TRI

Lorrieg, welcome to the club! I'm running my first half marathon 2/10/08! Good luck to you. Can't wait to post my first race report. Andy
          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
            I'm another CR transfer - I just couldn't get into the Active format - I'll blame it on my MacBook. I've been running since April 2007 and am hooked on the sport. I had never run before (I did the high jump in high school track to avoid running) and for some strange reason took it up in my 47th year. I guess I didn't want to face fifty in an out of shape body, so I'm working on it. I started out just to run, but have a few goals in mind now including a 5K in under 30 minutes, and maybe even a 10 K? I did 4.5 miles today and hope to do 5.5 miles tomorrow. Hope to make some running friends here.
              My profile is visible at least.
              I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                Went back to CR to check out the CH and saw a reference to this super-awesome training log. Seems like a cool place. Smile

Another Passion

I'm currently training for my first half marathon, which will be on 2/9/08 if all goes well. I was training for one before, but was sidelined by a stress fracture, so I'm taking things a day a t a time, and if anything starts to hurt, I'll back off this time before it becomes serious. Looking forward to getting to know my new community members!
                  Good luck in your half training, Lorrie! Is it the Cowtown you are going to do? I may be wrong as I didn't check on the date for that race, but if it is, there are several RA folks running that race, like Bonkin and Modal, among others. Anyhow, welcome and nice to have all of you here! I look forward to getting to know everyone too. Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Good luck in your half training, Lorrie! Is it the Cowtown you are going to do? I may be wrong as I didn't check on the date for that race, but if it is, there are several RA folks running that race, like Bonkin and Modal, among others. Anyhow, welcome and nice to have all of you here! I look forward to getting to know everyone too. Big grin
                    I'm actually targeting "The Texas Half" which is a couple of weeks before Cowtown. Cowtown is my back up plan, though, if I decide I need to stretch out my training a little more.

Queen of 3rd Place

I've made my log visible but unfortunately everything was lost in the CR transfer, so you'll just see as far back as the last 3 weeks or so. Before that is more of the same going back just a couple years with the occasional race (5K up to HM) tossed in, so I'm still a noob. Arla

Ex runner

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

CR lurker here. Hopefully all my stuff is out there ... Just up here doing my best putting in some slippery miles on the sidewalks and streets of Minnesota. Tim

Tim 

va

Hi Tim, I can see your profile but not your log...

Another Passion

I'm actually targeting "The Texas Half" which is a couple of weeks before Cowtown. Cowtown is my back up plan, though, if I decide I need to stretch out my training a little more.
                            Good luck! Be sure to post your race report for whichever you run under "Racing". Wink

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hello, I have been lurking ofr awhile just reading the forums seeing if I would fit in, everybody seems real nice I have always kept my log in log books. I use The complete runners day by day log and calender for a number of years. I am not a high milage runner try to be but never manage to, last few years only been getting in 1 road race a year and that is the corporate cup my brother sister-law and me get in it every year, I usualy bring up the rear. Went out this moring and did 3 but is was slick from the melting and refreezing of the snow slipped a number of times but had to be carefull. Becarefull out there Bob

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

dork.major dork.

Public as can be. Hoping to hit between 1,000-1250 this year, didn't start logging until July, but ran consistently before then, so my log totals for 2007 are innaccurate.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.