CR Runners: Show Yourselves!! (Read 1993 times)

Mitochondriac

CR here, found my way here this week, and have been lurking. As a woman, I choose to keep anonymous.
      Hi, I'm Marsha59. I'm a CR refugee. I was never a regular poster but always learned when I read other's entries. I am very proud to say I logged 615 miles in 2007. I am hoping to go over 700 miles for 2008. I started week of 12/30/07 to train for HM in June of 2008. I posted my profile and opened my log but I couldn't seem to make the picture work. Everyone here at RA seems friendly and I see many names from CR whose posts I always read, like LongRunNick and Figbash. Happy running in 2008 to you all.
      Goals:HM <2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner. htfu="" encourage="" my="" dh="" to="" get="" out="" of="" his=""></2:30:00 htfu encourage my dh to get out of his recliner.>
      NLeeRunner

Hi! I'm RunnerMom. As others, I never posted on CR, but am excited about being part of the community here. I crossed that imperceptible barrier between recreational runner and obssessed runner during summer 07. I see that I'm not alone! Wink Nicole
        Go Daddy

here for good...and I do mean good. I was able to rescue all of my data before CR sank into the abyss. The log here is perfect for me and the people are really enjoyable and friendly. After 2.5 years on CR I actually like this better. thank you Eric for creating this sanctuary.
          gatita0281

Hi, I was more of a lurker than a poster at Cool Running, but was terribly disappointed at what they did to it. I'm looking forward to coming here now and participating more. Thanks to all the RunningAhead people for welcoming us!
              Hi, I'm here from CR - couldn't stand the new Active logs, so here I am. Profile updated!!!! So far things look great here!!!
                Oh - and my log's not completely up to date yet. I need to re-enter sessions from the CR/Active transition to now!! Just created a route too - excellent!!!
                  OK, YAECR (Yet Another Ex Cool Runner) here. This place looks good! looking forward to plenty of posting. Tech Tee

Jeff

CR refugee here, as well. I recognized a couple of people (Hi Andy!) and was told by another non-active fan to try this site. So far so good. Quick intro: I quit smoking August 20, 2007. Started eating instead and gained about twenty pounds (not good as I had just lost 50). Thought I'd take my dog out for a jog one day and really enjoyed it, even though I couldn't breathe. Started training for a 10K and after running that in November I started training for a Half. Looking forward to chatting with everyone. Meg p.s. Noticed a couple Michganders on here...I'm from the Metro Detroit area! Anyone around here?
                    Meg http://megs411nosmoke.blogspot.com/
                      I've been splitting my time between here and CR since the change. As of about 1 minute ago when it refused to let me log in to post I now consider them dumped. Hello to RA as my main forum!

-------------------------------------
                      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

BeeRunB

I've been splitting my time between here and CR since the change. As of about 1 minute ago when it refused to let me log in to post I now consider them dumped. Hello to RA as my main forum!
                        Hey Nate, I'm from R.I. as well. Just ran at Lincoln Woods in this balmy weather. Member of the RI Road Runners, create their website. This website is pretty good. Much better than that crap they turned CR into. Check through the User Groups, as you might find a few that suit you. Hope to meet you at a race some day. --Jimmy
                        kcam

'Nother former member of CR. I didn't lose my log (though I didn't log the last couple of weeks of workouts). Thanks to Jeff and the RA community for welcoming the members of the former CR community.
                            CR quitter. I wish I would have found RA first. I love the features and the forums are so helpful. I didn't get to know too many people in CR but the environment here seems awesome. Hoping for a successful 2008 of training....

Coach

Cool running was my life. What is bummer for them. I'm very happy with R.A. JB
                              My Blog: http://jbcoaching.blogspot.com/ Marathons run: S.F., Boston, St. George, M. of Aviation, Salt Lake City Ultra's run: Big Horn, Squaw Peak, Lean Horse,
                              JakeKnight

[I posted this in the Tech Support forum, but I'm reposting here so it's more visible] Minds out of the gutter. Evil grin What I mean is make your profile and logs public, so we can get to know you! There's two places you need do this, if you so choose: 1. Make your profile public: In the upper right of the screen, click "Options", then "My Profile." Then, check the box next to Allow the world to see my profile and stats. Finally, click on the "Update" button at the bottom of the page. (The word "stats" in there is a little misleading; it's referring to your profile stats (age, weight, etc), not your running log stats. Perhaps Eric needs to clarify?) 2. Make your running log visible: Again under options, click "My Log Preferences." Click the radio button next to Allow everyone to see my running log, then click update. Public profiles are nice simply because it's interesting to see where people are from, what their story is, etc. Public logs are helpful for giving advice, as people can review your training.
                                Jeff, you ought to bump this thread once a day, and have your original post pasted in great big glowing letters at the top of every forum. Thank you. It really, really helps, when you ask training questions, if people can glance at your log. Answers might be a wee bit different for 2:30 marathoners versus first time 5-k'ers.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------