I Got Dissed By a Bicyclist (Read 2804 times)

HOSS1961

The Marathon Training Team was out for its long run this morning. We have a pretty large Saturday morning team of about 700 people divided into sub teams based on pace and experience. A couple of hundred of us were headed through the city at ~7:15a.m. when a "lady" cyclist was wheeling toward us. I was mid pack as usual and running with 2 other people. When I saw her I moved behind my friend when she was 50 yards away so she had more than half the road. As she road by she muttered "F-you". I was dumbfounded. It must be the performance enhancing drugs or something but I just didn't understand it. Angry
    HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Most cyclists are failed runners.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My legs are killing me

I'd be angry too if I had to wear one of those queer biking shirts they put on.
          How f-ing rude is that!?!?!?!?!?! I had a rude run in recently as well. We were doing a 10 mile run down south of town on a bike path. There were two of us running together on our side of the path (it's marked like a road) and this older guy on a cruising bike is coming toward us. I was closest to the line so I moved to my right as a courtesy. As he was passing by he made the remark that we should be on the edge of the path. Well gee.....last time I heard this was a multi use path and we were where we were supposed to be! Roll eyes
          Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
            The Marathon Training Team was out for its long run this morning. We have a pretty large Saturday morning team of about 700 people divided into sub teams based on pace and experience. A couple of hundred of us were headed through the city at ~7:15a.m
            Wow that is just amazing, the biggest running group I have seen is about 50.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

HOSS1961

Wow that is just amazing, the biggest running group I have seen is about 50.
              Yeah it is pretty cool. Richmond is really a running town. The Richmond Road Running Club (rrrc) and Sports Backers are both very well run and have a history of cooperation. Starting at the end of May/beginning of June Sports Backers start their Marathon Training Team for the Richmond/Suntrust Marathon. The last couple of years it has been about 1000 people on the team with ~700 running Saturday mornings and ~300 running Sunday mornings. Add the TNT guys in, a Half-marathon team (soon to be 2) and there are a ton of runners out on Saturday. In all fairness there are a lot of cyclists out there as well. The nicest seem to be the people that run and bike. Some of the pure cyclist or those that view themselves as elite (and are legends only in their minds) are the ones that never speak, will crowd you on the road, and talk smack.
              HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Hoping to Run Again :-(

WTH? Her helmet must've been too tight. Some people have just been touched by the ugly stick I guess. If only you'd had time to wish her a good day with a big smile Big grin
                ~ Fly ~
                Only as much as I dream can I be.
                veggies on the run
                  Maybe, just maybe, the effort required to navigate around *700* runners made her a little snarky.

Bugs

I'd be a bitch too if my shorts were that tight. You think because the signs say "bike trail" they really think it is just for bikers? Lately those bikers have really ticked me off, because they really could scream "LEFT" a little louder and sooner. I was on the trail last week, stopped looking at my watch, when this lady almost ran over my flippin toe, and laughed about it. Turbo, That guy was wrong. It's a shared path.

Bugs

I`m a runner and a cyclist, and I have to say that I have been dissed by FAR more runners than cyclists. There is no excuse for an attitude like that, but runners aren`t perfect either. Just my .02
                      "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."

Ostrich runner

I run on a sidewalk that cyclists who are afraid of cars frequently ride on. When I hear one behind me, I usually point to the area of the sidewalk that I'm giving them to pass. I ride as well, but I do it well enough that shit like this isn't a problem.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Runner

There are far too many "recreation" cyclists that don't know what they are doing. They are all over their machine and are usually the ones that cause wrecks in group rides but blame the others. They ride brakes in pace lines and frequent bike paths to show that they can go 15 mph on a path. I'm a cyclist and I must say that there are way too many people that are not capable of riding bikes that do so anyways... it's scary, and so are their f'd up opinions

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

The voice of mile 18

well if she's anything like me she's probably talking to the bike - they are completely evil

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

JakeKnight

There are far too many "recreation" cyclists that don't know what they are doing. They are all over their machine and are usually the ones that cause wrecks in group rides but blame the others. They ride brakes in pace lines and frequent bike paths to show that they can go 15 mph on a path. I'm a cyclist and I must say that there are way too many people that are not capable of riding bikes that do so anyways... it's scary, and so are their f'd up opinions
                              I hate cyclists. With a passion. Not a small passion, either. My passionate hatred for chubby, rude, spandex-clad bikers rivals the white-hot burning flame of a thousand fiery suns. Present company excluded, of course. You're all obviously lithe, friendly, and well-mannered. Even if you do still wear the silly suit. But with that said, its damn nice to see a few bikers who recognize what a lot of their fellow bikers do wrong. So thank you. Getting dissed by a cyclist is a badge of honor. I've twice almost come to blows with one of the !@#$Q's. If they swear at you, you're probably doing something right. For all you bikers, here's a few friendly tips for you: 1) You're a vehicle. That's the law. Act like it. Use the road. Move with traffic. It ain't rocket science. 2) Runners are pedestrians. That's the law. You yield to them. (And they better be on the side of the road, and running against traffic). 3) Since you're a vehicle, that speed limit applies to you, too. If its posted 20 mph, you don't get to do 50 mph just cuz its a killer downhill and gravity really sucks your big butt downwards and all that high-speed spandex really cuts down on the friction. You get to go 20 mph, too. 4) If you ignore rule 3, and you're going way too fast ... at least consider slowing down around blind turns. Or if you can't manage that, at least get in the middle of the road where you belong. See rule # 1. 5) If you ignore rules 3 and 4, you're inevitably going to find somebody waiting around that blind curve at some point. I'm hoping its a large downed tree. That's what you deserve. Unfortunately, you'll almost certainly find a pet or a child. Especially if you're doing this in a public park, you spandex-clad freak. Or worst of all, you might find a runner coming the other direction. If its me, say your prayers. Bonus tip: you don't really *have* to scream at the top of your lungs to talk to the guy on the bike next to you. You really don't. I swear. While I appreciate hearing your conversation about your anal warts from 3 miles away, I swear if you talk like a normal human being, you'll hear each other. Really. Give it a try. -------------------------- Sorry. Bikers. I find them irksome. Present company excluded. Hey, at least I stopped at rule 5. I could have gone on.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

JakeKnight

they are completely evil
                                Yes. That's the point I was trying to make. You're very succinct.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------