LA Marathon - yet ANOTHER new date! (Read 768 times)

xor

Holy crap. Now the LA Marathon... moved once to Presidents' Day... has been perhaps moved again to Memorial Day Monday (5/25). Per their website. At least that's a mo biggah holiday for businesses. That really yanks people around, though. I bet they get sued. A few times.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is the same year's marathon that keeps getting moved? Dude. That is just wrong.
        NO! Too hot in May!
          Too hot in May!
          And San Diego RnR is the week after that. It looks like they are trying to do everything they can think of to ensure the race fails.

Res firma mitescere nescit
          Running in Tampa

#artbydmcbride

And the Orange County marathon moved to May too. Roll eyes http://www.ocmarathon.com/

Runners run

A previously stated, LA doesn't deserve a marathon. Early March was hot enough, forget about Memorial day.
              MM# 1477

My legs are killing me

Who designed their website - a 10 year old. Geez, the local pet store has a better website for their 5k. It does not leave one with a very good impression of the race.
                  NO! Too hot in May!
                  Avg temperature in downtown LA in May is 73. In March it's 69 (and 66 in January). People live there because it's always sunny and warm, without humidity. There are a lot of reasons to mock the organizers, but temperature's not one of them. (Smog, fires, crime, ugly ugly ugly. I moved from that armpit of the world years ago.)
                    Who designed their website - a 10 year old. Geez, the local pet store has a better website for their 5k. It does not leave one with a very good impression of the race.
                    I thought you were exaggerating ... omg that is terrible!! With all the date changing, I'm guessing they're not trying to attract the out of town runners.
                      Avg temperature in downtown LA in May is 73. In March it's 69 (and 66 in January).
                      Those temps are for LAX which can be very different than downtown. In the summer downtown can be 15+ degrees warmer than the airport. March is guaranteed to be cooler where May could be anywhere from 70's to over 100.

Res firma mitescere nescit
                      Running in Tampa

Jazz hands!

May for a marathon that starts in the Valley and goes Downtown? Are they insane? It could be 70, but it could EASILY be 90.
                        run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                          Those temps are for LAX which can be very different than downtown. In the summer downtown can be 15+ degrees warmer than the airport. March is guaranteed to be cooler where May could be anywhere from 70's to over 100.
                          Nope. I know the difference. That's a downtown average. http://golosangeles.about.com/library/BLPages/BLInlandWeather.htm The beach temperatures are a little lower and, in the a.m., you'd have some June gloom to keep the sun off for a while. http://golosangeles.about.com/library/BLPa/BLBeachWeather.htm Having said that, I worked in downtown LA for years and distinctly remember walking out of the office one fine June afternoon to 112 degrees. That was the beginning of the end for me.
                            LA has also always had a late start, which only makes matters worse. The current course is also way sucky.
                            MM# 1477
                              I thought you were exaggerating ... omg that is terrible!!
                              They dont deserve a Marathon based soley on the look of their Web Site.......It was a bad as you said.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

They dont deserve a Marathon based soley on the look of their Web Site.......It was a bad as you said.....
                                Wow, it really does suck.

TRUST THE PROCESS