Lacing (Read 762 times)

Just curious: Do you folks use any special lacing techniques, and if so, do you find that they help/make a difference? I'm thinking of standard criss-cross vs. Lydiard, etc.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

I just use them however the dude in the running store ties them. Sometimes certain problems can be solved or made better with a different shoe tying technique. Check out this guy's site for more than you ever wanted to know about tying shoes.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wow, you're right, that is more than I ever wanted to know. Well, I guess that's my weekend planned. (Just kidding. Sort of.)

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

quagga

I do lock lacing: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/locklacing.htm The lady at the running shoe store fitted me that way when I mentioned a bit of heel slipping/rubbing--it works really well for me.
            Yes, that's actually the technique I've been trying lately, and I definitely like how secure it makes the heel feel... I tried the Lydiard style for a while, but I found that the shoes always felt sort of loose no matter how tight I got them.

Jack Kerouac

I do lock lacing for the heel fit and I also skip a lacehole about halfway up so I don't have any pressure on the top of my foot.