Pretty pics from your run (Read 1288 times)

an amazing likeness

Ice in...December 21...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Cold Moon rising...last full moon of 2020...

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Ice in...December 21...

This is the bridge of my childhood.  Thanks for capturing it for me.  Going to make it my desktop for the season.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

an amazing likeness

This is the bridge of my childhood.  Thanks for capturing it for me.  Going to make it my desktop for the season.

Well then...here you go so you have options...ice out last spring, mid-March 2019...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I drive by that bridge all the time.  Tomorrow we're meeting friends to walk by that river.

stadjak, what town did you grow up in?  We're in North Yarmouth.  I see milktruck out running sometimes.  Smile

This is a nice hilly rural run near me in New Zealand

Thank goodness for the new phone cameras these days 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

stadjak, what town did you grow up in?  We're in North Yarmouth.  I see milktruck out running sometimes.  Smile

I grew up near Schenectady, NY, beyond the suburbs in the more rural area.  Everything about that photo reminds me of home.  The grey winter sky, the only-half frozen river, the lonely steel bridge, the bare trees with the little conifer on the left and the snow that just doesn't cover everything at that time of year.

MT, thanks for transporting me in a COVID-free way.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

This is probably my favourite running pic which I took last year along one of my regular routes on the Brighton&Hove UK seafront. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Thats a goodie Mikey. Its Hove Actually ( in snobby voice )

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Thats a goodie Mikey. Its Hove Actually ( in snobby voice )

LOL I’m impressed that you know about the ‘Hove Actually’ thing.  

Great pic from you and NZ looks like an even more wonderful place to live now!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

There's a storm off the coast of Northern California.  Drizzly today, more rain in the forecast.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

To contrast with GatsbyBird:

BoutWorkout

To contrast with GatsbyBird:

Nice chilly run.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

I live in the Finger Lakes region of Western New York. Since the start of fall I've been taking a camera on my runs. Here is a selection of the best ones:

This dirt road is part of a half marathon course I usually run each year, although this year I just did a "solo" 5K.

I often just enjoy looking at the clouds during my runs

Crossing a bridge I took this view of the Genesee River

The fading light of a late afternoon run

The barn casts a long shadow on the snow

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                              Get up, get out, get out of the door!

kcam

My favorite thread is resurrected.  Love to see pictures of where y'all are running.  Very nice photos guys and gals!

A photo I took on Dec 30th 2020.  I carry my phone when I'm running new places (just in case),  This is a trail I'd never run before, didn't know it existed.   It's in the mountains about 4 miles from my house in San Jose.  Beautiful cloud formations which we rarely get here in the Bay Area.

On the same run.  Ran a road near my house to it's very end in the mountains which turned out to be a rock quarry with a guard shack, couldn't go any further.  They had a parking lot at the end of the road with this gorgeous old Cedar smack dab in the middle.  At least they didn't cut it down when they paved the parking lot.   No other trees like it in the area.