What to do at stoplights /crosswalks??? (Read 762 times)

This is so true.  I remember once I had to stop and wait about 30 secs for this guy to turn his head.  Then, he still took off, completely oblivious to me waiting to cross.  That can be a dangerous factor when running in the street against traffic.  Cars are not looking out for that especially going around turns.

Right, and although they are, for all practical purposes "wrong", their vote weighs about 4,000 lbs more than mine, so I just suck it up.  Now if they are turning into a crosswalk that I have the walk light for, my reaction can get a little more, ummm, shall we say, strident.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I keep the Garmin running, but stop running while I wait for traffic.  Doing so, I think, gives me more accuracy about how I cover the distance, because for me a 10 second stop really allows my legs to recover and I know I always pick up the pace afterward.  But I'm making an effort lately not to care too much about my easy run pace, so not pausing the Garmin is part of that.

I will pause it for bathroom breaks, shoe-tying, etc.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Pause the watch and relax.  Massage your quads, hamstrings or ITBs if they are hurting late in the run.  Shake out your arms and legs if necessary.  Take a sip of water.

Under no circumstances, repeat, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, jog in place.  You will just look silly.  Do push-ups if you must, but do not jog in place.

xhristopher

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

word

The girl in the meme is wearing headphones.  Doesn't that open another conversation?  

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Dream Maker

My rule is- if I stop because of an external influence (my friend needs to, stop light, etc.) then I stop my Garmin.

If I stop because I need to (tired, restroom) then I let it keep going because those factors still will be factors in races.

Of course, lately I have been running watch free so I don't have to do anything.

Oh and while at a stop light I normally check my phone and do some half hearted stretching.

NHLA

I don't stop my watch because we only have a few roads with enough traffic to make you stop for very long.

I can see where it would be a problem in a big city.

I never run in place.

neither really, my only concern is to not get smashed by cars with drivers OBLIVIOUS to my green man